• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. S

Name a person you would like to meet and what you would ask them

Another thread for boring times and assumes that they will answer honestly
  2. S

New coaching methods

Rather than playing matches in lead up to a tournament, I decided to get coaching for first time in about 35 years just to hit balls First half of session 1: tennis net laid on a good length The thinking is that net will cause ball to deviate from line and speed Second half: tennis net...
  3. S

Cricket balls

Recently had my first experience with playing with an English cricket ball in years It was a Duke but obviously not the test ball as village level Ball swung all day While bowlers found it easier to grip due to higher seam, they also said that it was very “tacky” as it was covered in thick...
  4. S

Pads

Back in the day, I had the choice of gear and settled upon a predecessor of the pads that Sachin wore Light, comfortable and great protection 20+ years later and nothing has changed Morrant International Ultralite Cricket Batting Legguards - CRICKET BATTING PADS So much better than...
  5. S

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

So I’m walking down Kent Street in the CBD today and there’s a noise like a slap followed by people screaming Next thing you know, we see a 5-6 foot red belly black snake slithering up the road Assume that it fell out of a tree Here’s a photo of it heading towards a stormwater drain...
  6. S

On this day

Probably been done before but prompted by something I heard on the radio today On this day (11 July) in history: One of Burgey's heroes was born (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gough_Whitlam); Bradman scored 309 in a day...
  7. S

The British Politics Thread

The real reason for the delay
  8. S

Pets

9 month old labradoodle who specializes in digging holes in stuff
  9. S

Surfing

Now a mainstream sport as it will be in the Olympics for the first time in 2020 and is allegedly the world's fastest growing sport The latter is not surprising as it is very cheap (a 2nd hand board can be bought for $5 and entry to the water is free), great fun and most of the earth is water...
  10. S

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Pitch options for the second test
  11. S

Best Looking Cricket Grounds

IMO, NZ is the most beautiful country and some of their grounds are absolutely stunning. In the UK, I played on a couple of incredible privately owned grounds (e.g. in the grounds of a medieval castle where the moat formed one boundary) and will try to dig out some photos In the meantime...
  12. S

Cricket bats

Found this article interesting (apologies to those for whom access is denied) https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/25/melbournes-last-great-independent-cricket-bat-maker-closes-up-shop I bought Social Jnr a GN Kaboom size 6 for Xmas and it cost about $100 whilst a full size, top of the...
  13. S

Teaching tools for a complete novice

Hey guys, My son has recently started playing cricket. I've played a little bit and can teach him the basics when I have time. To date, I have done the same thing that my Dad did with me i.e. throw some balls, hang a ball from a tree, give him copies of Jack Pollard books, etc. However, the...
  14. S

Olympics - does anyone actually care anymore?

Growing up, the Olympics were massive and much of the world would be glued to their televisions for the duration This year's doesnt have anything like that feeling and, at best, is just another sporting event to me and to others that I have spoken to I'm not sure whether it's due to the...
  15. S

Public or Private School?

Went to a public (gov't) school for primary and private for high school and always assumed that I'd send my kids to the latter However, I recently discovered that the local public high school is rated as being one of the best schools in the state and is really progressive in many areas e.g...
  16. S

Australia and their approach to T20s

I don't think that there's any doubt that Oz has a depth of cricketing talent that is the envy of many countries yet we struggle to win meaningless matches let alone a WC in this format To put it bluntly, whatever we are doing simply isn't working and we are ranked where we should be I believe...
  17. S

Michael Schumacher

Never a huge fan but ..... I can understand why people want to know about his condition as he was a global superstar but leave his family alone! He is obviously not in good shape and an interview with the Daily Mail ain't going to change that
  18. S

Bad relatives

In the spirit of Christmas, this is a thread where you can vent your spleen at those people who owe their presence in your life to a flaw in the gene pool or bad choices made by those to whom you are related. First nominee is my step mother-in-law Saw her today for the first time in many years...