• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Shri

Ruined:

Shouting match with a **** who took an order at 9:29 PM when my shift ends at 9:30 PM, making me work an extra hour for free. I told her that I am not going to get paid for the hour by the guy who runs the delivery business and asked the restaurant to give me money if they wanted the delivery done. I am going to report her ****y attitude to her manager tomorrow when turn up for my shift and I'll work as slowly as possible from hereon until they wake the **** up and start paying me for my ****ing time.
I love how life works out sometimes. This happened last night and pretty much made my day:

It has been an interesting week. Why? I am a student who works part time as a pizza delivery driver on a scooter. Now, I don't work for the restaurant directly but work for a contractor (a great boss who pays on time and is very forgiving plus an all around good guy) who employs a bunch a scooter drivers at various restaurants around one of the major cities in the world. And since he's a great guy to work for, I usually eat whatever **** the restaurant workers throw my way with a smile because I don't want to complicate things for him with the restaurant.

Enter dumb dumb.

There's this idiot who works at the register who I have went out of my way to help in the past when shutting down the restaurant at the end of a shift. It is known to pretty much everyone that we have exams coming up and we all need time to study after work and my shift ends at 10:30 PM. So, the restaurant is about to shut down for the day and we hear a device beep at 10:29. If dumb dumb accepts the order, I have a 30 minute ride to the location and then another 30 minute drive to get back to the garage plus another 15 minute walk to my room.

I tell this person that I won't be getting paid for the extra work by my boss and politely ask this person to talk to the restaurant manager to make sure that I get paid for the extra hour of work. And then dumb dumb decided to yell at me:

"You don't work for the restaurant, you don't work for the manager. Talk to your boss if you want to get paid."

Let's back up.

A couple of days before this idiot yelled at me, dumb dumb had stopped using the words "Please" or "Thank you" and had started giving me orders instead of requests like she used to and it had started getting on my nerves.

So, after she was done yelling, and I had stared at this person in anger, I said, "Okay.", and finished my delivery, went back home and fell asleep. After working an extra hour for free and I was ****ing pissed.

The very next day, I took an order at 10 PM that required me to go to like the bay area of the city near a harbor. And this place had a lot of confusing flyovers and bridges and if you made one wrong turn, you are looking at adding an extra 30 minutes to your trip. As fate would have it, I was supposed to slide left under a bridge to stick to the streets but I misread the instructions on google maps and took an expressway that took me to another part of the city - my first ever routing mistake while on the job.

I was irritated for a few minutes but then began laughing out loud like a maniac while driving when I looked at the time - 10:30 PM.

As soon as I could find a spot to park, I called the boss and told him that I was at another part of the city and that it would take me another 45 minutes to finish my delivery and get back to the restaurant. And dumb dumb the cashier couldn't leave until I returned all the money I had collected to the register during my shift.

And that's when I decided to become the most cautious driver in the world, obeying all the rules of the road that sometimes you treat like guidelines. So anyway, the delivery was eventually done and I began the trip back to the restaurant and I started getting calls.

"The pizza was too cold and ruined. You are gonna have to take another pizza back to the same address."

And then a call from the boss. "I'll handle it. Just go back, give them the money and then go home."

I returned to the shop at 11:45 PM and dumb dumb was the only one left and goddamn was this piss ant ****ing pissed. "Why are you so late? My shift ended 45 minutes ago." And considering how ****** the place was with paying people, I knew that dumb dumb wasn't getting paid a cent extra after the shift.

And I made sure that I spoke softly when I replied, "It is like you said, I don't work for the restaurant, I don't work for you. Talk to my boss if you have any complaints."

zorax

likes this
Can i get a tldr version please.
this one restaurant manager used to make shri waste his time, so shri went out of his way to waste her time as revenge

Shri still lost hours of his life in the process but hey atleast he made someone else suffer, and also got snarky comeback in at the end #worthit #onlyshri

social

So I’m walking down Kent Street in the CBD today and there’s a noise like a slap followed by people screaming

Next thing you know, we see a 5-6 foot red belly black snake slithering up the road

Assume that it fell out of a tree

Here’s a photo of it heading towards a stormwater drain

47C5AED7-ABD7-4628-BC5D-49860ADD8C08.jpeg

Only in ‘Straya

Last edited:

Burgey

Made

So my brother-in-law's partner is a teacher and she was taking the first personal development class with year five today and got the attached list.

I draw your attention to the last entry.

Kid's list.jpg

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Great fiasco at work this morning (excellently stirred up by me).

Basically all the University's/Law School's new promotional literature has been put out today. Loads of brochures, prospectuses, alumni magazines etc.

The Law School stuff specifically, features an MP who is an alumni of the University/School heavily. Her face is all over the stuff. They include various interviews with her in which she opines about the importance of integrity and so on.

Anyway, having seen all this go to print, I sent an email to the entire school and all of the marketng department this morning which basically said "oh btw, you are aware that she has recently been charged with perverting the course of justice and is going to be put on trial in Nov? kthnx bye"

The resultant meltdown has been ****ing hilarious.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I mean the level of incompetence required for nobody to have noticed this is staggering. But also incredibly funny. These ****ing people.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
From what I understand of the facts of her case, it sounds very unlikely she will be acquitted. She has basically done a Chris Huhne.

StephenZA

That was the traffic fine/points incident right? Never understood how people got those points in Eng with all the rules around speeding cameras, you have to be pretty heavy footed and totally unaware to get caught in the UK from my experience.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That was the traffic fine/points incident right? Never understood how people got those points in Eng with all the rules around speeding cameras, you have to be pretty heavy footed and totally unaware to get caught in the UK from my experience.
Some cameras are sneakily placed, and others are mobile, so that probably explains it. There used to be a copper from the local village who would literally hide in a bush next to a hill on the busy road into town. Was a right dickhead apparently.

Very easy to pick up points on the major highways though. Rarely happens as most of the "cameras" are dummy cameras, but quite easy to do if you are a bit unlucky.

Friend of mine got points on his licence whilst we were driving along the M25 one time. He wasn't going any faster than anyone else on the road. In fact relative to other cars he was probably actually going a bit slower, and so the speed seemed fairly normal. However, later turns out that he was somewhat over the limit.

If you get caught speeding on a town you're probably an idiot though, as it's physically difficult to get up enough speed to actually go over the limit in most places if you're driving sensibly. So I agree with you there.

Edit: and yes, that was the speeding points case.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Some cameras are sneakily placed, and others are mobile, so that probably explains it. There used to be a copper from the local village who would literally hide in a bush next to a hill on the busy road into town. Was a right dickhead apparently.

Very easy to pick up points on the major highways though. Rarely happens as most of the "cameras" are dummy cameras, but quite easy to do if you are a bit unlucky.

Friend of mine got points on his licence whilst we were driving along the M25 one time. He wasn't going any faster than anyone else on the road. In fact relative to other cars he was probably actually going a bit slower, and so the speed seemed fairly normal. However, later turns out that he was somewhat over the limit.

If you get caught speeding on a town you're probably an idiot though, as it's physically difficult to get up enough speed to actually go over the limit in most places if you're driving sensibly. So I agree with you there.

Edit: and yes, that was the speeding points case.
They considered having a points system in SA and quickly realised that it would be impossible to maintain with the number of fines given out. Not that anybody obeys the laws that much. All we have is sneaky and mobile cameras, and going fast in town is easy enough. Couple of 2 horse towns in SA, have their entire income based on the fact that the national roads pass by with speed reduction from 120 km/h to 60 km/h in 500m.

Anyway in 18 month of driving in England never got a fine; have got 4 fines in the last year in SA (3 of which was a new hidden camera position on a downhill on 3 consecutive days).... bastards!