• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pets

Shri

I have reconsidered my position on kittens. Spent a few days with three of 'em recently and they are way too curious and bite and scratch you for no reason. One also stuck its claws into my pants and casually started climbing up my leg and sat on my shoulder, before launching towards the top shelf off it. I'll only consider kittens that have socialized with other cats and kittens from now on.

Spark

Global Moderator
I have reconsidered my position on kittens. Spent a few days with three of 'em recently and they are way too curious and bite and scratch you for no reason. One also stuck its claws into my pants and casually started climbing up my leg and sat on my shoulder, before launching towards the top shelf off it. I'll only consider kittens that have socialized with other cats and kittens from now on.
I just got a kitten a few weeks back, and well-judged firmness has been pretty good at snapping him out of any leg climbing/scratching already. But they will jump into your lap while you're sitting odwn, that's pretty unavoidable.

Daemon

I just got a kitten a few weeks back, and well-judged firmness has been pretty good at snapping him out of any leg climbing/scratching already. But they will jump into your lap while you're sitting odwn, that's pretty unavoidable.
You'll never be able to stop them jumping onto your Laptop/Keyboard

Also pics

Daemon

Make a square on the floor with tape. Never tried it with my cat but apparently they just go straight in there.

Shri

CW has weird dogs. No huskies? Brittany Spaniels? There are a lot of cool dogs out there.

Burner

Back in the day, Dad used to give food to some neighbourhood stray cats. He formed such a bond with one that he started to give her food inside our house. Most of us protested but to no avail. Even we didn't really understand the seriousness of that decision then. She'd wait for him to come back from work and then follow him into the house. She'd leave the moment she had her food, I made sure of that. I was the resident cat hater.

**** got real when she got pregnant and started crying outside our front door. The incessant crying was too much, so my dad being the gentle soul that he is, opened the door and let her give birth to 3 beautiful kittens inside our house. None of us were ready for it. It was a small house as well. After a few days, we took the kittens outside, hoping that she would take them somewhere else. She would not. All she would do was stay guard and cry, looking nervously all around. Her face when she looks around scared is still one of the clearest memories I have of her. Could melt anyone's heart.

Long story short, overnight we became owners of 3 kittens. The little **** didn't stop there though. She gave birth at least 3 more times at our house. Mom and dad had to look after 9 kittens IIRC. All 9 of them running away at different ages. With the oldest non-runner also running away at one and a half years. He was a fighter, battling with the resident neighbourhood alphas who were far bigger than him. That they were running away is an assumption we made though. Anything could have happened to them. But none of them were ever found in our vicinity. Dad would always go looking for them but never found any of them ever again.

I have some great memories of those kittens and their mother. Whenever she gave birth to multiple kittens, the kittens could play with each other and would not feel lonely. But she gave birth once to a solitary kitten and I was the only one available at home that she could play with. Loved that kitten. She had a nice personality. I won't lie, even though I said "good riddance" at home when she ran away, I might have shed a few tears some nights thinking about that kitten.

social

CW has weird dogs. No huskies? Brittany Spaniels? There are a lot of cool dogs out there.
There are but you have to make sure that they suit your lifestyle

We have kids so a labradoodle ticks the boxes of being great around them plus it doesnt shed or smell

Burgey's dog has similar attributes plus its smaller

I love Border Collies but they requires massive amounts of exercise and shed

I also like Chows but they are literally a one-person dog and dont generally tolerate kids

It's sad to see all the dogs left in shelters because their owners cant deal with them

OverratedSanity

Slightly old one but my friends and I rescued this guy a few years ago at uni. He's kind of the resident pet there now even after we left. Miss him :(

FB_IMG_1493263065712.jpg