• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. mr_mister

Shoaib Akhtar's crazy record against New Zealand in the first half of his career

was just a bit bored and having a look at some of Shoaib's best performances of his career and I noticed they pretty much all came against NZ - and a ridiculous amount of these dismissals were him clean bowling clueless kiwis Firstly in the '99 WC SF against them he took 3/55. It doesn't look...
  2. mr_mister

Best Australian cricket coach?

First, something I didn't know: Prior to 1986, Australia did not select coaches as long-term appointments. Managers were appointed to handle the logistics of overseas tours and the assistant manager often doubled as the coach for the duration of the trip. Sometimes the team captain filled the...
  3. mr_mister

In the late '90s/early 00s could Australia put out the best 2 XI's in world cricket?

Looking at the depth Australia had in its ranks from say 96-02 I wonder if an Australia A could beat nearly everyone else in the test arena. I know there was an ODI experiment in 1995 where they used Australia A and it showed they were top class, but expanded out to tests would they still be as...
  4. mr_mister

Neil Young set to release 'Homegrown' an album he recorded in 1974

Not sure how many Neil Young fans there are on CW but I'm sure i'm not the only one! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homegrown_(Neil_Young_album) A sample song: Pretty cool story. He's kept this thing gathering dust for 46 years because he felt it was too personal to release at the time or...
  5. mr_mister

Richie Richardson played 74 of his 224 ODIs in Australia (only 48 in the West Indies)

Has anyone else with a substantial career (in either tests or ODIs) played a bigger chunk of matches in an opposition country rather than their own?
  6. mr_mister

Azhar Mahmood? How good could he have been?

When I was younger this guy to me was just a total scrub. I knew him as clearly the biggest failure of the 3 modern Pakistani all-rounders - him, Afridi and Razzaq. All 3 all-rounders were a pretty critical component of the Pakistan team in 1999/2000 (when I watched a lot of Pakistan cricket due...
  7. mr_mister

Best batting purple patches - going by centuries per tests(dont worry about averages)

Just interested in century-to-test ratios here, nothing else. Batting average based patches have been analysed 1000 times here, this will hopefully bring some cool new light to the table. Bradman's best two runs in this category were: *His first 12 test centuries came within a 17 test span...
  8. mr_mister

Favourite of the big four grunge bands?

I love them all, but for me it goes Nirvana > Alice in Chains > Pearl Jam > Soundgarden Though Pearl Jam has nearly been ruined for me by the hundreds of knockoff post-grunge bands deciding to all copy Eddie Vedder's singing style(and doing a terrible job of it) rather than Cobain, Cornell or...
  9. mr_mister

Surprisingly, 2 of the greatest 5 ever WC allrounders are S.Waugh and Yuvraj Singh

I felt like looking up who were the best all-rounders at the true test of ODI cricket ability, world cups. Lance Klusener averaging 124 with bat and 22 with ball clearly has to be the number 1 - that batting average is ridiculous and blows all discussion out of the water. There is something to...
  10. mr_mister

Is Jimmy Adams the only player to ever complete this rare treble of achievements?

International century (6) International five fer (2) and five dismissals as a wicket keeper in an international match (done once in the '96 WC, 4 catches and a stumping with the gloves on) Oh and he also opened the batting for his country and of course captained the side too So yeah...
  11. mr_mister

Briefly analyzing Kenya during their golden period (the '96, '99 and '03 world cups)

As any cricket diehard worth his salt knows Kenya were the minnow of this era, and probably a lot of people's personal favourite minnow before Ireland and later Afghanistan came along and muddied that discussion (Sorry Bangladesh >_>) Their record over this period is interesting. In 1996 they...
  12. mr_mister

The 90s-00s NRL draft voting thread

Vote for the best 3 teams (you cant vote for yourself) ripper868: 1. Brett Mullins 2. Wendell Sailor 3. Ryan Girdler 4. Matt Cooper 5. Noa Nadruku 6. Kevin Walters 7. Allan Langer 8. Shane Webcke 9. Jim Serdaris 10. Luke Bailey 11. Gordon Tallis 12. Brad Thorn 13. Tonie Carroll 14. Chris...
  13. mr_mister

Who do you consider to be SL's best bat from the 1980s?

from the early days of SL cricket, 4 big names stand out. 2 would go to be even bigger names in the '90s, but during the '80s, who do we give the title to?
  14. mr_mister

CW decides the 32 best test* opening batsmen of all time - The countdown thread!

So, we ended up receiving 29 eligible lists. 2 people submitted lists in 'no order' so I couldn't count them unfortunately. 42 individual batsmen featured on at least 1 list, of these 32 featured on at least 2, so I used featuring on 2 lists minimum as the cut-off criteria for the list. Now...
  15. mr_mister

What's your myers-briggs type?

I've got INFP the two times I've done the test, 3 years apart. I didn't want to be this type as its pretty much the ****(rhymes with duck)/simp type, but I kinda agree with some of the traits it claims I have. a friend of mine who was obsessed with this test for a while thought I was definitely...
  16. mr_mister

Looking back on the Hollioake experiment 20 odd years later

It's always seemed to me a weird little blip on the radar of modern English cricket - so desperate in the middle of the '97 ashes they plucked not one, but two brothers out of relative obscurity to make their test debuts? In hindsight and without the full story it seems a funky idea to say the...
  17. mr_mister

Nominate your top 15 best ever test opening batsmen - another in my countdown series

I ended up giving up on the ODI batsmen countdown thread, it was silly of to me to think I'd be able to handle doing that **** on an ipad. But I now have a laptop and plenty of free time so I'll guaran-damn-tee I'll finish this one. I'm even culling the voting lists down from 20 to 15 entries...
  18. mr_mister

Nominate your top 15 best ever test opening batsmen - another in my countdown series

I ended up giving up on the ODI batsmen countdown thread, it was silly of to me to think I'd be able to handle doing that **** on an ipad. But I now have a laptop and plenty of free time so I'll guaran-damn-tee I'll finish this one. I'm even culling the voting lists down from 20 to 15 entries...
  19. mr_mister

Late '90s-early '00s NRL Draft

Rules are as simple: Player must have played 5 games of NRL from anywhere between the 1995-2004 seasons I was going to make it a pure '90s draft but I didn't start watching til 1998 so it'd be trawling back too far for me We'll start when we get 6 names. I'll accept up to 10 people if there...
  20. mr_mister

I demand the borders to the platnium lounge be opened up to all members of this site

this blatant classism is in complete opposition to what I thought CW stood for? What is this, the titanic? repeat after me: we are all equal. At the very least open up entry into the lounge for members who have been around since 2015 or so