• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

27th Match - Bangladesh v Scotland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flem274*

123/5
I'm standing by my hyperbole. Bangladesh are underachievers when you look at some of the individuals they have, and they underachieve because they choke when they have the upper hand.
FMD, what I'd give for Bangladesh to beat NZ after the ****e Flem was spouting.
You'll have to settle for them beating your lot.

Tec15

Terrible bowling performance by Bangladesh, but at least they chased it down in the end. Hopefully they replace Anamaul with a second spinner for the England game.

Tec15

**** you'd think I'd be used to a good old fashioned Scottish hard luck sporting story but that result is properly gutting.

Particularly since if you'd given me a choice of beating anyone, it would have been England first, Bangladesh 2nd.
No hard luck involved. Scotland played above their ability, but in the end they're just ****. Such a shame that the Netherlands or Nepal couldn't qualify in place of this bunch of no hoping club cricketers and county players with Scottish parents/grandparents. They would have played with a lot more heart that's for sure.

As for Bangladesh, they just have to beat England. Should be doable because England's attack lead by trundler James Anderson is so bad. And it would be epic for a joke side like England to be knocked out in the first round.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
>attack Scotland for having too many heritage players
>pine for the Netherlands national cricket team
>mfw

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Such a **** Jono, kicking him while he's down and out
Attack this bloke ffs, not me.
No hard luck involved. Scotland played above their ability, but in the end they're just ****. Such a shame that the Netherlands or Nepal couldn't qualify in place of this bunch of no hoping club cricketers and county players with Scottish parents/grandparents. They would have played with a lot more heart that's for sure.

As for Bangladesh, they just have to beat England. Should be doable because England's attack lead by trundler James Anderson is so bad. And it would be epic for a joke side like England to be knocked out in the first round.
Can't wait for Furball to unleash hell on you.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Sorry Furball but there's nothing hard luck about that. Just batted well but lost comfortably really.
It's just gutting because were in a position to win it. If we'd been skittled for 150-200 it would have been easier to take.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Still no furball post, which makes me think he's pouredh imself a couple of whiskeys to prepare for his brutal response.

Adders

Why would Furball waste his time responding to such a dimwitted and dire effort??

Furball doesn't get out of bed for minnow posters like Tec15.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Should have said "scotch" actually, since we're talking about Scotland and what not.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
>attack Scotland for having too many heritage players
>pine for the Netherlands national cricket team
>mfw
I haven't followed associate results as well as I should but aside from that bizarre lightning-in-a-bottle qualifier loss to Kenya, doesn't NL have better results than Scotland? (And UAE?)

Admittedly the weather in Netherlands is singularly unsuited to cricket.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I haven't followed associate results as well as I should but aside from that bizarre lightning-in-a-bottle qualifier loss to Kenya, doesn't NL have better results than Scotland? (And UAE?)

Admittedly the weather in Netherlands is singularly unsuited to cricket.
In the qualifying tournament the Netherlands lost their warmup games comfortably to UAE and Canada, then got hammered by Namibia once the tournament started and, as mentioned, lost to Kenya at the end. They did manage to beat PNG and Uganda, but that was it. Once they were eliminated they beat Nepal and Canada comfortably in the 'play offs'. Scotland on the other hand won the entire qualifying tournament, only losing one game in the process.

NL recently won the Division 2 final but that's for teams ranked 17 down so that's not exactly a big achievement.

They perform a lot better when their side is littered with South Africans with Dutch heritage and an Australian whose mother was born in Dutch New Guinea (worst qualification ever btw), but given Tec15's point centred around how many Englishmen with Scottish heritage are in the Scotland side, the fact that NL might've performed better in a tournament that included a bunch of ring-ins for them doesn't demonstrate to me the 'heart' he was speaking of.

If he argued that it might've been better to watch Cooper, van der Gugten, Myburgh, Rippon and RtD (if he could be bothered) than Scotland from a skill perspective, that might've been a point, but the Netherlands were an awful example of what he was actually saying. Any other side would've been a better example really. They might've put up a more competitive showing (not that Scotland have been embarrassing though tbf) but it wouldn't have been because of 'heart'. Their team is so full of 'heart' that a quarter of them only show up for TV games.

I'm being deliberately harsh but I've got nothing against Dutch cricket really. It was just a silly point to argue against Scotland.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'm being deliberately harsh but I've got nothing against Dutch cricket really. It was just a silly point to argue against Scotland.
Yeah that's fair. From what I hear they suffer from a lack of professionalism with decent participation rates too.

Getting the overarching national sport federation on board might help, they have occasional bursts of competence and a bit of money to spend, but cricket's non-Olympic status + ironclad performance criteria does mean that's unlikely for a good while.