• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

30th Match - Ireland v ZImbabwe (7th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

indiaholic

Yeah don't really think the Irish will go through. Will be very tough to beat either India or Pakistan. I will hope and pray for rain.

GGG

So NZ will either play the Windies or Ireland in the quarter since Pakistan can really only end up in 3rd or 5th place, and not 4th from here (unless the Windies slip against the UAE).,
Good or bad? Not sure who I would personally like us to play between WI and Pakistan, both are very hot and cold, of course Ireland would be the preference.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, been hearing this name a lot. Never actually seen him in action, so I'm intrigued.
yeah get him in and let's have a look. would be delicious if pakistan got routed by an unknown young bowling talent aka pakistan's modus operandi.

flibbertyjibber

Crazy when you think that England who have been crap could go through and Ireland who have been exciting and good could go out.

Zinzan

Good or bad? Not sure who I would personally like us to play between WI and Pakistan, both are very hot and cold, of course Ireland would be the preference.
I would have said I was more worried about the Windies before today, but now perhaps Pakistan.

I'd be confident NZ could beat the Windies 4 out of 5 games currently (even if it was closer 18 mths ago), but there's always that outside chance the Windies click and Gayle is in a relaxed lucky CBF mood & NZ become the side under pressure.

But that's the reality of this format. A side can virtually lose half their games, still make the quarters & then win a good toss & get a bit of luck and momentum.

Goughy

I wouldnt call that a great game of cricket but it was special and entertaining. I could go either way in the catch but if I had to choose then I would say 'Out.'

Last edited:

Bahnz

I would have said I was more worried about the Windies before today, but now perhaps Pakistan.

I'd be confident NZ could beat the Windies 4 out of 5 games currently (even if it was closer 18 mths ago), but there's always that outside chance the Windies click and Gayle is in a relaxed lucky CBF mood & NZ become the side under pressure.

But that's the reality of this format. A side can virtually lose half their games, still make the quarters & then win a good toss & get a bit of luck and momentum.
Yeah, that's basically how we made the semis last time.

Zinzan

Yeah, that's basically how we made the semis last time.
Yeah I know, doesn't change the fact it's the reality of the format though & NZ were fortunate on that occasion,

Although probably stands out even more when a side winning 6-0 (which NZ should end up) plays a side winning 3 -3. as opposed to 2011 when NZ were 4-2 playing SA's 5-1.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Man that's terrible. That was a six clearly. I'm rooting for Ireland but that's just unfair to Zimbabwe.

If Ireland had the bowling of Afghanistan or UAE, they'd be better than half the full member sides....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I hope that everyone getting wound up about Sean Williams' dismissal is just as cross about the way that Gary Wilson was caught off what was indisputably a no-ball from Williams?