• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

37th Match - New Zealand v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Burgey

If the NZ-Pakistan game is washed out, this match might determine top spot pending India’s results.

CM Punk

We don't deserve to be in the Semis and we probably wouldn't make it if the India match wasn't rained out.

Our batting is among the worst in the competition... Expecting Starc to eat our useless top order alive.

straw man

It's either that or feed Nicholls to the wolves against Starc and co. So either way we can probably expect carnage.
Nicholls has test-cricket batting chops and has repeatedly shown an ability to handle pressure. This world cup, and even the final in the last one, show that cake counts. Success isn't assured with Nicholls, but with Munro, failure is guaranteed.

CM Punk

We have nothing to lose by giving Nicols and Blundell the rest of the tournament.

Latham and Munro aren't contributing anything to the team.

morgieb

A small part of me doesn't care if we lose this one, just so that England's semi chances can tank.

BeeGee

A small part of me doesn't care if we lose this one, just so that England's semi chances can tank.
Not much on this game for Aus, other than maintaining a winning streak and finishing in pole position. Might be an opportunity to experiment with the batting order? Smith at three? Shitcan Stoinis?

TheJediBrah

Munro looked pretty ordinary in the Big Bash I don't know why you would expect him to succeed in the WC against full-strength international teams.

Bahnz

Munro looked pretty ordinary in the Big Bash I don't know why you would expect him to succeed in the WC against full-strength international teams.
Munro's continued selection in the past 12 months has been a classic example of the sunk cost fallacy.

CM Punk

How is Will Young and can he open after the WC?

I saw that he did quite well on a NZ A tour to Aus, he scored heavily against an Aus A attack featuring their WC bowlers.

Would you prefer to play us or Pakistan?..

You should be aiming for second so you can play us. Pakistan on their day can beat anyone and they seem to be peaking at the right time.

Last edited:

Bahnz

How is Will Young and can he open after the WC?

I saw that he did quite well on a NZ A tour to Aus, he scored heavily against a Aus A attack featuring their WC bowlers.

Would you prefer to us or Pakistan?..

Pakistan on their day can beat anyone and they seem to be peaking at the right time.
Not great. He's going through shoulder reconstruction surgery, and has a 6-9 month estimated recovery time.

Mike5181

Munro's continued selection in the past 12 months has been a classic example of the sunk cost fallacy.
At this point, it's clearly just a case of them not wanting the mistake to go down as a mark against them permanently. If they keep throwing games at Munro maybe he'll come off at some point and they'll be validated. It was the same with Hesson selecting Ronchi for a laughably long period while he was failing.

Gob

When you realize that Mitchell Starc's middle name is actually Aaron and he could have been there for called Arun Starc.

Arun Finch ton