• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

40th Match - Bangladesh v India

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Burgey

One suspects tensions in Hong Kong may not be as high as reported in the mainstream media given that a protestor has time to post to a cricket website from an actual protest.

Which tbf is a good thing btw

zorax

likes this
We had two protests. One peaceful annual march down a couple of roads (that are closed with government and police support) with lots of chanting, everyone dressed in black, and general pro HK vibes. Very peaceful, familes and kids out there as well, lots of people sharing on social media and making a day out of it.

A second protest was staged by the more radical of those in the population, where they decided to occupy the space around the government buildings (on a public holiday) and forcibly break in. They started in the morning, had clashes the police, people have gotten hurt and sent to the hospital. Lots of illegal activities, not safe, and not more than a few km away from the legal protest finish point.

I joined the former, not the latter.

Shri

bet the second group didn't want to invite a finger spinner

did they turn you away

vcs

The first group would be likelier to turn him away. No one wants a finger spinner being a bad influence on their kids. Some of them may even be learning to play cricket.

zorax

likes this
They have broken into the legislative complex building and are destroying it as I type. Plenty of FB Live videos going around of the chaos happening inside. Graffiti, smashed photos, broken windows.

I mean, it's not Sudan or Kabul or anything, but it's probably the most craziness we've seen in HK in the last few decades. Many many locals are scared that if this keeps up, the PLA will just roll in with tanks to take control of the situation.

Pretty tense situation. Cricket is a nice escape from all this drama but it's getting hard to pay attention to anything else right now.

Shri

They have broken into the legislative complex building and are destroying it as I type. Plenty of FB Live videos going around of the chaos happening inside. Graffiti, smashed photos, broken windows.

I mean, it's not Sudan or Kabul or anything, but it's probably the most craziness we've seen in HK in the last few decades. Many many locals are scared that if this keeps up, the PLA will just roll in with tanks to take control of the situation.

Pretty tense situation. Cricket is a nice escape from all this drama but it's getting hard to pay attention to anything else right now.
stay safe

zorax

likes this
Cheers. It's good to see this generation of HKers be so passionate about reclaiming their country, and so active in trying to do so of late. I thought that after the Occupy protests failed to accomplish anything that people would just be apathetic, but the recent extradition bill has jolted them back to life.

Unfortunately, this has the side effect of some undesirable behaviour. A couple of suicides and increasing violence from sections of the population. Understandable, but not something I would condone or take part in. I'm a big fan of peaceful protests and voting and doing whatever it takes to reclaim power in a legal manner, but for a lot of HKers that just feels like playing against a rigged system. Even if you win, China can just change the rules. They want to escalate and they want to do something drastic. I'm scared they'll get what they're asking for, and that we all might suffer for it.

DravidFan

In case anyone has any doubts I'm firmly supporting Bangladesh for this game
Indian fan here.... The way India went about their run chase yesterday, I may have to start supporting Bangladesh too. Was completely put off by the lack of passion and purpose yesterday.

zorax

likes this
Going back on topic - I wonder what the teams will want to do at the toss. I suspect India will want to defend a score and BD won't mind chasing. Should be a great game if BD's batting can sustain their recent form

DravidFan

India better get their act together. I don't know if any calculations about other teams making it were involved in the strategy. I wanted them to just stomp on every team and everyone they encounter and win everything or perish trying. Calculations be damned. Not this tame limping to a loss like yesterday.

weldone

Going back on topic - I wonder what the teams will want to do at the toss. I suspect India will want to defend a score and BD won't mind chasing. Should be a great game if BD's batting can sustain their recent form
If Bangladesh has watched the Ind-Eng match in the same venue, they'd bat first.

alexaston

If England beat nz they go through regardless of other results. If they lose then Pakistan still need to beat Bangladesh to go through and Bangladesh will have to beat both India and Pakistan. It’s about 75% England, 23% Pakistan and 2% New Zealand. It’s about 99% for India and Nz as they would have to lose by a lot to go out on NRR

Burgey

Yeah heard about this this morning. Stay safe mate.

aussie tragic

To put some perspective on BD chances of a semi-final.

BD has scores of 3-322 (41.3 overs) , 6-330 and 8-333 so far and average score is 6.08 an over, so projecting a score of 320 vs Ind and 340 vs Pak is not totally unrealistic, however they would then need to bowl both these sides out for 250. This would give BD a final NRR of 0.305.

They would then need Eng to score 360 with NZ bowled out for 275 which would give NZ a NRR of 0.295...and BD are in the semi-final vs Australia

wrongun

Banned

Stay safe mate.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To put some perspective on BD chances of a semi-final.

BD has scores of 3-322 (41.3 overs) , 6-330 and 8-333 so far and average score is 6.08 an over, so projecting a score of 320 vs Ind and 340 vs Pak is not totally unrealistic, however they would then need to bowl both these sides out for 250. This would give BD a final NRR of 0.305.

They would then need Eng to score 360 with NZ bowled out for 275 which would give NZ a NRR of 0.295...and BD are in the semi-final vs Australia
Just winning both their games and relying on England losing to NZ seems a far more likely event than all that to me.

aussie tragic

I have to talk about the elephant in the room....

...any chance India also lose this game to ensure Pakistan have an even harder run to the semi-finals :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have to talk about the elephant in the room....

...any chance India also lose this game to ensure Pakistan have an even harder run to the semi-finals :ph34r:
It wouldn't really make it harder for Pakistan. Pakistan have to beat Bangladesh to qualify, and if they do that then Bangladesh are out regardless of what happens against India.