• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7 Point Left-Right Political Scale- Where do you sit?

BigBrother

BLM is the equivalent of white supremacists? By any chance are you a fan of that ranting idiot Tomi Lahren or whatever her name was, you know that internet troll desperately trying to be a celebrity and tells us BLM is just like the KKK?

Sorry, it's hard to have a logical discussion here about this when your OP sounds so decisively biased. If you wanted one, you should have kept your personal feelings and descriptions out of the OP and let people decide for themselves.

Zinzan

BLM is the equivalent of white supremacists? By any chance are you a fan of that ranting idiot Tomi Lahren or whatever her name was, you know that internet troll desperately trying to be a celebrity and tells us BLM is just like the KKK?

Sorry, it's hard to have a logical discussion here about this when your OP sounds so decisively biased. If you wanted one, you should have kept your personal feelings and descriptions out of the OP and let people decide for themselves.
Lol, I've edited and removed the guides of what the extremes may look like.. :p

The point of the scale wasn't to draw equivalencies, it was to highlight the extremes at each of the current social political spectrum. I'll instead leave it open to interpretation.

Kirkut

I'm a centrist, but let's say personal bias comes into picture then a centre-leaning conservative.

Spark

Global Moderator

Every now and then I'll flip to a position closer to vcs but otherwise this is where I've been for ages.

I have felt for a long time though that this is simply the result of me answering questions that have been framed from an outright leftist pov honestly, and therefore it reading my positions as soft-libertarian. Which is not entirely inaccurate but I would say I have more of a leftist bent than this. EDIT: Cribb has suggested that this could be because of the heavy focus on globalisation questions in the test which I always take a fairly hard libertarian position on.

Last edited:

vcs

TBF, I am not sure about my position on some of the economics questions. I think the y-coordinate is roughly accurate but the x-coordinate might change as I think more about some issues.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

Past me is denouncing this version of me as a fascist.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Every now and then I'll flip to a position closer to vcs but otherwise this is where I've been for ages.

I have felt for a long time though that this is simply the result of me answering questions that have been framed from an outright leftist pov honestly, and therefore it reading my positions as soft-libertarian. Which is not entirely inaccurate but I would say I have more of a leftist bent than this. EDIT: Cribb has suggested that this could be because of the heavy focus on globalisation questions in the test which I always take a fairly hard libertarian position on.
This is more or less where I land iirc, though I suspect it is a more accurate representation of me than it is of you.

That said, I don't really rate this test especially highly, I think we've talked about the possible ambiguity/misleading nature of some of the questions before.

Tom Halsey

Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Pretty much where I always land. Some of the questions are worded extremely poorly.

vogue

Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

Probably a little right of Fred..?

And agreed that some of the questions are worded badly.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is more or less where I land iirc, though I suspect it is a more accurate representation of me than it is of you.

That said, I don't really rate this test especially highly, I think we've talked about the possible ambiguity/misleading nature of some of the questions before.
That and the fact that there are vast areas of modern politics that are simply not covered by the test at all, or only covered by vague proxy.