• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7 Point Left-Right Political Scale- Where do you sit?

StephenZA

Economic Left/Right: -4.33
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62

I would prefer a neutral stance rather than an agree/disagree option available.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
2007:
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

2008:
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08

2010:
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51

2012:
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

2016:
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

2017:
Economic Left/Right: -4.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

hendrix

How are you guys getting so far left on that scale?

I can't move from centrist libertarian even if I try

Pothas

How are you guys getting so far left on that scale?

I can't move from centrist libertarian even if I try
I found the opposite, it always came out to the the left of where I thought I was. First time I have done it in a while and it has finally moved.

This is probably about right for me now.

This has been talked about before but where they have the main parties on the scale is just absurd. I see they now have Labour on the left but under Miliband they had them towards the middle of the top right and they still have the Conservatives way way right of where they actually are.

social

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.1

Basically down the middle

Think I'm more of a Seinfeld Even Steven (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prvm5ZFPIrE) as I am happy to execute ****ers & engage in illegal wars but not too thrilled about the exploitation of less fortunates by multinationals

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I remember the time Microsoft jailed me for not buying Windows 10
It shouldn't be too hard to find examples of people who are trapped in impossible situations by the demands of corporations. Or, indeed, woefully mistreated by corporations without recourse to justice.

StephenZA

It shouldn't be too hard to find examples of people who are trapped in impossible situations by the demands of corporations. Or, indeed, woefully mistreated by corporations without recourse to justice.
Pretty sure the Tobacco industry fits those standards.... both in the past and now in 3rd world countries.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey look, if I respond in detail it'll be another thread going in the direction people complain about. But it's facile to compare and say that any free market leads to individuals being dominated by corporations. Completely facile.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There are substantial qualitative differences between "impossible situations" which the state is/could be capable of imposing, and the private sector equivalent. To deny this is to deny reality.

Uppercut

There are substantial qualitative differences between "impossible situations" which the state is/could be capable of imposing, and the private sector equivalent. To deny this is to deny reality.
I don't know how true this is generally. The Mafia count as a private institution, yeah?

But yeah Vimes's graph is facile. I think it's supposed to be but I dunno.