• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you a member of a political party/organisation?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fairly simple question.

I am currently unattached. Single and ready to mingle.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
No. I'd have to get the right to vote in the polity I want to live in first.

(I have a vote, but in a failed petrostate which should be destroyed. Not really anything you can achieve by political means though.)

Uppercut

I'm not a party member. On the mainland I'd be an independent, but here I'm pretty solidly Alliance so joining the party would make sense. CBF though. More important things to do than politics.

vcs

Have never voted and don't see myself ever being sufficiently arsed to do so. I used to be blissfully ignorant of all things political and only started taking an interest in the last couple of years. I wish I could go back to the blissful ignorance state.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I know there are much worse failure modes for petrostates, but it doesn't mean Norway hasn't extracted immense amounts of economic rent from being one of the world's most reliable dealers of oil fixes, and then aggressively restricting that to the five million lucky souls from the penile end of the continent...and don't ask me to describe the bizarre capitalization constructions that have been made to siphon the profits to local elites (self included, one of these capital constructs paid for my education).

If you want some academic and not random angry guilty rants, I recommend this PDF.

Daemon

Been a member of some pretty crazy parties in wildy. Lost my rune full once when the party I joined turned on me.

Uppercut

I know there are much worse failure modes for petrostates, but it doesn't mean Norway hasn't extracted immense amounts of economic rent from being one of the world's most reliable dealers of oil fixes, and then aggressively restricting that to the five million lucky souls from the penile end of the continent...and don't ask me to describe the bizarre capitalization constructions that have been made to siphon the profits to local elites (self included, one of these capital constructs paid for my education).

If you want some academic and not random angry guilty rants, I recommend this PDF.
You ever read The Dictator's Handbook? Feel like this stuff fits quite neatly into that worldview.