• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

coca-cola

stumpski

I like a Bacardi and coke I must admit - great summer drink - but it has unfortunate connotations now thanks to 'Little Britain.' I wonder whether Morgans Spiced is more manly. :ph34r:

Xuhaib

:laugh::laugh:, Is there anything else that you do while drinking Cola ?
I don't know whats there to laugh, I have a pretty rough skin so I tend to avoid quite a lot of things and whenever I increase my cola intake the effect is pretty immediate and the skin starts taking a battering.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I like a Bacardi and coke I must admit - great summer drink - but it has unfortunate connotations now thanks to 'Little Britain.' I wonder whether Morgans Spiced is more manly. :ph34r:
I love that drink, unfortunately my brain reacts in a funny way to it

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I don't know whats there to laugh, I have a pretty rough skin so I tend to avoid quite a lot of things and whenever I increase my cola intake the effect is pretty immediate and the skin starts taking a battering.
I have a friend who quit drinking cola because of that. Never knew it could happen.

cpr

People can absolutely have a great time sober. From a personal perspective I understand that they dont need to drink to have a good time. However, Ive yet to meet a person I want to hang out with whilst Im drinking that stays sober.

Changes the entire vibe and atmosphere and how relaxed the 'flow' is. It just does.

So whilst they can 100% enjoy themselves, I personally dont want their company.

If Im hanging out with sober people then I am going to be sober. If Im drinking then Im hanging out with drinkers.
It depends what sort of night it is, few at the local then it makes no difference. Night out and a decent laugh and its still OK (still end up dancing like a loon due to the sugar intake). Drinking to get drunk (and doing stuff above of course) then no point, because you just get annoyed with each other.

Tend not to go near groups that are drinking just to see how ill they can make themselves, so thats no issue.

Think alot of it is what mood the sober ones in, if they're doing the 'I Dont want to be sober' or 'how pious am i by not drinking', ruins a night. If there still gonna go with the flow of the night then its ok

Can see a good session with the bro in law this weekend in fairness, always a good one to get drunk with, and as its a bbq, should be fun :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Not enough of it around in Aus anymore. Have to go to dedicated lolly shops to get them around here.
When I feel the need, I know a bloke in Hornsby (north of Sydney) who sells me cases of 24 for $35. Fantastic times.

Top_Cat

Damn you people to hell. All this talk of Dr Pepper made me crave one. I've had half-a-can in my life, it was all I could stand. So I went and bought one to kill off the craving reasoning I'd hate it. Well I liked it. I drink maybe a can of soft drink a month and now I reckon I'll be addicted to this. Bah.

_Ed_

You're about 16 right?

It's not that unusual for someone of your age to not olike beer. I wasn't a big fan at that age, and look at me now :ph34r:
Indeedy.

Had my first sip of beer 4 years ago, absolutely hated it and spat it out. Really only started tolerating it less than 3 years ago. Things have changed.

Xuhaib

I have a friend who quit drinking cola because of that. Never knew it could happen.
This is what I could gather.

"Acne starts when sebum oil, which is produced naturally to moisturize the skin, gets trapped underneath the skin.This can happen for any reason, such as the pores in the skin might be clogged by an over production of the oil.Cola will cause acne simply because it contions certain foods such as fat, sugar and others that are capable of affecting your hormone production and this will lead to an over production of sebum oil and an acne situation"

biased indian

31 here and have not taken any kind of alcohol drink till now...and have stopped drinking coke or Pepsi for last 7-8 years

only drink water and fresh juice mainly pineapple and mangoes

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Damn you people to hell. All this talk of Dr Pepper made me crave one. I've had half-a-can in my life, it was all I could stand. So I went and bought one to kill off the craving reasoning I'd hate it. Well I liked it. I drink maybe a can of soft drink a month and now I reckon I'll be addicted to this. Bah.
One of the happiest moments in the past year for me has been discovering that a supermarket here stocks it, albeit at $2 a can.
Loved it when it was released in Australia, no one at school or home agreed with me though. Was awesome to drink after a days cricket too.

Kweek

HAHAHA at EMI we have a fridge...a fridge full of Dr.Pepper

so TC never get a publishing deal at EMI...a fridge will be there...full of Dr.Pepper..

btw Dr.Pepper has been around for ages here and cost you... 0.35 cents haha

Top_Cat

One of the happiest moments in the past year for me has been discovering that a supermarket here stocks it, albeit at $2 a can.
Loved it when it was released in Australia, no one at school or home agreed with me though. Was awesome to drink after a days cricket too.
$3.50 for the can here. This will probably curb the cravings a fair bit.