• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eminem Appreciation Thread

Arachnodouche

Not a rap fan at all, but I don't find Eminem to be particularly "musical". He can cram a lot of wordplay into his verses for sure and he can build to an emotionally rousing crescendo like few others (with plenty of of help from production values I might add), but his style is more blunt-force trauma than the lilt and flow of a Snoop Dogg/Jay Z, the smooth technicality of Nas or the lived-in grittiness of the guys in Mobb Deep. Plus his voice is something you might reasonably expect on an episode of Sesame Street.

zorax

likes this
Lil Wayne and Eminem have had some great collabs. No Love and Drop The World are both very good songs lyrically and musically

SillyCowCorner1

Not a rap fan at all, but I don't find Eminem to be particularly "musical". He can cram a lot of wordplay into his verses for sure and he can build to an emotionally rousing crescendo like few others (with plenty of of help from production values I might add), but his style is more blunt-force trauma than the lilt and flow of a Snoop Dogg/Jay Z, the smooth technicality of Nas or the lived-in grittiness of the guys in Mobb Deep. Plus his voice is something you might reasonably expect on an episode of Sesame Street.
You're missing the great J-Roc. Microphone Assassin...

Daemon

Just had a listen. Pretty good.

I don’t know if it’s really classed in the same genre, but I quite like a lot of the Australian stuff floating around. Super accessible, but completely different to the origins of rap.
Does this include Hilltop Hoods? Cosby Sweater is gun.

Burgey

Just wondering what L&L's views are on what's happened with the transformation in places like Hurstville tbh