• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v West Indies (3rd April)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TNT

Banned
TNT, having a problem with people using 'a world cup' as shorthand for 'a world tournament' is a pointless, absurd position that no one would actually take. It's pretty transparent that your actual position is 'STRAYA STRAYA STRA the REAL world champions' because there's no reason you'd be having a semantic argument this painful otherwise.
I have never at any point thought or said that Australia should,would,could or deserve to be considered T20 champions, T20 world cup, or any thing else T20.

My only stance is that the ICC have not sanctioned/named/promoted this as a world cup, seems very hard for some to deal with.

zorax

likes this
You guys are taking the troll too seriously.

Should just direct personal abuse at him while offering nothing like I do.

TNT

Banned
So apart from what they decided to call the event.......whats the ****ing difference???
Maybe they feel its played to often to be called a world cup.

Why is it such a emotional disaster for some to hear its not a world cup.

Adders

Why do you feel the need to keep pressing the point that this was not a World Cup?

At the risk of sounding like an 8 yo, you started this nonsense with this post......

Who thinks this was a WC?.
I also note that this was your very first post in the T20 WC subforum.......you've pretty much just come in here to bang this drum.

TNT

Banned
Why do you feel the need to keep pressing the point that this was not a World Cup?

At the risk of sounding like an 8 yo, you started this nonsense with this post......

I also note that this was your very first post in the T20 WC subforum.......you've pretty much just come in here to bang this drum.
Why does it bother you so much, forums are where people can have a discussion about any thing. I've just stated my opinion about the WorldT20 not being a World cup. I haven't abused/trolled anybody and have an opinion, is that a bad thing.

Do I have to conform to whatever you or others decide and fall into line, is having my own opinion against forum rules and deserving of ridicule and abuse.

_Ed_

Maybe they feel its played to often to be called a world cup.
It's every four years now - the next one is in Australia in 2020.

Also, with the next World T20 potentially having 18 teams and the ODI World Cup dropping to 10, it's getting harder to put the latter on a pedestal as the one global tournament.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TNT is quite right that this wasn't a World Cup, but that shouldn't devalue it; they've just avoided the label to prevent confusion. There's nothing inherent about the term 'World Cup' that suggests it's of greater significance at all compared to 'World T20'.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It is a T20 World Cup. So it is a World Cup.
It's actually not. It's commonly referred to as that, but it's not really a World Cup any more than the Champions Trophy is.

The problem is TNT trying to use this semantic fact to devalue it somehow. Everything that makes a World Cup important and prestigious applies to this tournament as well, even if it's technically not one.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Fair enough PEWS. I'll add to that. The prestige of a tournament doesn't go by the name it is called. T20 World Cup or World T20 has been going on for a decade now. It has slowly gained importance and reputation. Call it by whatever name, it doesn't really matter.

TNT

Banned
It's actually not. It's commonly referred to as that, but it's not really a World Cup any more than the Champions Trophy is.

The problem is TNT trying to use this semantic fact to devalue it somehow. Everything that makes a World Cup important and prestigious applies to this tournament as well, even if it's technically not one.
Can you point out where I tried to devalue the World T20 simply by referring to it by the correct name. As a moderator I expect you to back this up or accept that you are lying.