• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"I'm not a big fan of the Kookaburra." -Kemar Roach

SillyCowCorner1

A decent interview of Kemar Roach:

We have had a lot of series with the Dukes ball. It is a better ball for me, I'm not a big fan of the Kookaburra. The Dukes ball has a higher seam, does a little bit more for longer periods. That's very good for fast bowlers. Hopefully once we get the surfaces to our liking then me, Jason, Shannon and Alzarri [Joseph] can go out there and make it very hard for the English batsmen. We did a fantastic job in the Caribbean, and I don't see why we can't do it here in England as well.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29412498/bowling-much-better-now-was-bowling-145-150kph

vcs

lol no way it's just giving the english bowlers a handout

would be like greeting india with a turning deck
Not sure about this, England lose Tests at home regularly and all quick bowlers of every country seem to like the Dukes much better.

honestbharani

Even spinners.. Ashwin was pretty forthright in stating it is the best ball accoriding to him. His rating went Dukes, SG and then Kookaburra. Its all about the prominent seam I guess.

Line and Length

In my playing days we used Kookaburras (the only brand available through the Association) and they could be quite inconsistent. Before a match I was often offered a choice of several balls by the captain and I always looked for the proudest seam. Later, when playing down the grades, I loved bowling with 2 piece balls. Get a good one and you could make it talk.

Daemon

Is there really such a thing as a good 2 piece ball? I've only come across truly dire specimens that do swing a lot but don't last very long at all.

Flem274*

123/5
Not sure about this, England lose Tests at home regularly and all quick bowlers of every country seem to like the Dukes much better.
they lose even more away from home

you would be out of your mind to give jimmy 'i average 33 with a kookaburra' anderson the ball he averages something like 21 with, not to mention broad and archer.

bowlers who succeed with the kookaburra are a strength and make their home nations an absolute fortress.

the duke also gives me serious concern for fc cricket. you don't want jesse ryder or late career james franklin being serious new ball options at that level, not to mention the matt henrys of this world cleaning up before being violently brought back to earth at test level.

kookaburras and true decks produce better bowlers. it seems to be easier to take batsmen used to playing long innings on sometimes benign surfaces and harden them for tough conditions than it is to sift through all the h4x medium pacers and heavily condition reliant fast mediums to find someone who won't throw a sook and cry when confronted with a flat test deck and a ball that won't do all the work for them.

the great flattening was the best thing to ever happen to nz domestic cricket and i'd hate to see all that work ruined by making random club medium pacers more useful to a side than lockie ferguson or neil wagner.

DriveClub

they lose even more away from home

you would be out of your mind to give jimmy 'i average 33 with a kookaburra' anderson the ball he averages something like 21 with, not to mention broad and archer.

bowlers who succeed with the kookaburra are a strength and make their home nations an absolute fortress.

the duke also gives me serious concern for fc cricket. you don't want jesse ryder or late career james franklin being serious new ball options at that level, not to mention the matt henrys of this world cleaning up before being violently brought back to earth at test level.

kookaburras and true decks produce better bowlers. it seems to be easier to take batsmen used to playing long innings on sometimes benign surfaces and harden them for tough conditions than it is to sift through all the h4x medium pacers and heavily condition reliant fast mediums to find someone who won't throw a sook and cry when confronted with a flat test deck and a ball that won't do all the work for them.

the great flattening was the best thing to ever happen to nz domestic cricket and i'd hate to see all that work ruined by making random club medium pacers more useful to a side than lockie ferguson or neil wagner.
Hear hear