• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isis

watson

Banned
Yeah, we're all aware you're very well versed in "logic" of this kind.

And anyway, no, he isn't claiming this.
Please go on because your post doesn't say anything worthwhile or positive. Just a cursory "I disagree" which doesn't mean much.

Last edited:

RossTaylorsBox

EDIT: And just to draw the point out a little longer - Fascism is to German people what Islamism is to Muslim people. And so, do we 'target' German people or Muslim people in our ideological battle?
Hold on, weren't you advocating banning Muslims from entering Western countries, even before Donald Trump floated the idea? Sounds like targeting to me.

watson

Banned
Hold on, weren't you advocating banning Muslims from entering Western countries, even before Donald Trump floated the idea? Sounds like targeting to me.
Impressed by your subtle change in topic and making watson the issue. But no, that's not what I advocated.

*groans*

For the record I have no political affiliation at all. Unlike the men who murdered the fore-mentioned Priest in yet another religio-political crime.

Last edited:

RossTaylorsBox

we are at war with Militant Islam and all Islamic migration into Western Societies should be temporarily terminated for the sake of its citizens.
You're right, you just advocated a temporary ban on migration. Of course your personal attitude is relevant here. Your argument is that we don't believe extremists represent the majority. Yet you advocate policies which target everyone.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If there is such a thing as a 'spectrum' (I like the term) then it also applies to people who identify with Islam.

At the one end of the spectrum we have Sufis who are a-politcal and just want to have a good time, and at the other other end of the spectrum we have ISIS who are political and want to use violence as a political lever.

What you are claiming NZT is that the 'Western' cultural group contains 'extreme people' (eg. Fascists) but the 'Islamic' cultural group does not contain 'extreme people' (eg Islamists). This lack of logic is called an inconsistency.

EDIT: And just to draw the point out a little longer - Fascism is to German people what Islamism is to Muslim people. And so, do we 'target' German people or Muslim people in our ideological battle? Absolutely not. But we should target and oppose Fascist and Islamist ideologies. In fact it's essential that we do.
lol I'm not claiming this at all, and you're creating a straw man to fit your own narrative to justify your own prejudices against the Islamic religion. Giving them a name based on their religion is just daft because despite what you think you're doing, you're painting a whole group of people with one brush. Like if I said Catholicists in reference to the IRA, you're not immediately going to think "political extremist Irish terrorist minority", you're going to think Catholics. So when we're talking about people at the ISIS end of the spectrum, refer to them as ISIS terrorists or terrorists, because that's what they are.

It's ironic because you think you see the specific groups in these idealogical battles but then you go on the generalise them yourself.

watson

Banned
You're right, you just advocated a temporary ban on migration. Of course your personal attitude is relevant here. Your argument is that we don't believe extremists represent the majority. Yet you advocate policies which target everyone.
Nope, never said anything about a 'temporary ban'.

Victor Ian

At the one end of the spectrum we have Sufis who are a-politcal and just want to have a good time, and at the other other end of the spectrum we have ISIS who are political and want to use violence as a political lever.
Is that kind of an indirect admission that the Islam has NOTHING to do with terrorism and politics has everything to do with it?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I think people (at least in my case) have been doing it because this has more or less become the thread to dicuss terrorism/mass shootings along with ISIS.
well, in that spirit...

Japan knife attack: 19 killed at care centre in Sagamihara - BBC News

if people's working theory was that only "unusual" events get media coverage, what the hell happened here? This is up there with the greats in terms of cowardly power abuse and Japan haven't had anything like this since those idiots with sarin.