• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Ruckus

The thing is though if the England batting fails on a pitch doing a bit what the hell will happen to the Aussie batting in similar conditions as England were able to get 20 wickets on the same deck in Adelaide without too much problem.
You are assuming performances in this match are indicative of the batting and bowling strength in general. I would say England played better on the day, and Australia played poorly. I don't think those performances will remain consistent over the entire series.

Marcuss

It was one game, mate

That's the nature of batting, you can get nipped out quickly.

Jesus christ, is a FC average of 50+ over a couple of years not good enough for people?

It's all that Hayden, Langer, Slater, Martyn etc had.
Meh, FC average of 22 this season is a bit gash.

benchmark00

Andy - did you watch North bat? Didn't look out of touch at all actually. Hit some good shots.

Comes a time where you can't tolerate his low scores, but definitely didn't look out of form this match.

vcs

North is crap. I genuinely used to think people were being too harsh on him before this match, but not anymore. The guy is very loose technically at the start of his innings, his all-or-nothing record is not a statistical anomaly, which was what I was suspecting.

Ruckus

North is crap. I genuinely used to think people were being too harsh on him before this match, but not anymore. The guy is very loose technically at the start of his innings, his all-or-nothing record is not a statistical anomaly, which was what I was suspecting.
TBF, apparently the cut-off was 27, so he didn't actually pass that ;)

Jayzamann

It's a bit perplexing when North is seen as being in touch and fluent in this test match, yet his contribution was still ~50 runs.

Howe_zat

In Affectionate Remembrance
of
AUSTRALIAN CRICKET,
which died at Adelaide Oval
on
7th DECEMBER, 2010
Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing
friends and acquaintances
----
R.I.P.
----
N.B. The body will be cremated and the Ashes kept by England.​

Blaze 18

Banned
In Affectionate Remembrance
of
AUSTRALIAN CRICKET,
which died at Adelaide Oval
on
7th DECEMBER, 2010
Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing
friends and acquaintances
----
R.I.P.
----
N.B. The body will be cremated and the Ashes kept by England.​
:laugh:

andyc

Andy - did you watch North bat? Didn't look out of touch at all actually. Hit some good shots.

Comes a time where you can't tolerate his low scores, but definitely didn't look out of form this match.
Saw a bit of him and yes, he did play some nice shots, but at the end of the day it's how many runs you score, and 1171 at 35.48 after 21 Tests is simply not good enough.

Anywho, as shamelessly stolen from a mate's Facebook: The joke's on you, England. What are you going to do with a full extra day in Adelaide?

Ruckus

Saw a bit of him and yes, he did play some nice shots, but at the end of the day it's how many runs you score, and 1171 at 35.48 after 21 Tests is simply not good enough.
Depending on how much influence Ponting will exert, it sounds as though North is going to be retained AGAIN:

"He'll be a bit disappointed with his week's work here," Ponting said of North. "I still believe that he's got great value to the team."

Howe_zat

Depending on how much influence Ponting will exert, it sounds as though North is going to be retained AGAIN:

"He'll be a bit disappointed with his week's work here," Ponting said of North. "I still believe that he's got great value to the team."
Don't understand. :confused:

What does Ricky want him there for? Is he a master tactician or something? If it's his bowling that's useful, why not play another batting allrounder rather than a batsman?

Is North blackmailing him?

congrats to the pomms they played better than us and deserved this test there is no doubt about that, we will have to raise our game to win back the Ashes now