• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

social

Burns played a few nice shots.

Holder gets quite a bit of bounce doesn't he? I could see him being effective in Australia if he gets his lengths right (and that's a big if- if he doesn't he'll be extremely hittable at his place.
Not quick enough

Burgey

Big question for me is whether Archer will have a go to mark the first test of the summer.

Starfighter

Burns played a few nice shots.

Holder gets quite a bit of bounce doesn't he? I could see him being effective in Australia if he gets his lengths right (and that's a big if- if he doesn't he'll be extremely hittable at his place.
Holder only went at 3.05 an over in 15/16 when the next best was Name Braithwaite's 3.77.

I've just checked to confirm my impressions and that series was in fact the worst ever bowling series by a touring side here. The economy rates are brutal, K Braithwaite 4.29, Warrican 4.94, Taylor 5.59, Gabriel 5.90 and Roach 6.02. Only 12 wickets in two and a bit tests.

vcs

Holder only went at 3.05 an over in 15/16 when the next best was Name Braithwaite's 3.77.

I've just checked to confirm my impressions and that series was in fact the worst ever bowling series by a touring side here. The economy rates are brutal, K Braithwaite 4.29, Warrican 4.94, Taylor 5.59, Gabriel 5.90 and Roach 6.02. Only 12 wickets in two and a bit tests.
Pakistan last year would be up there?

Starfighter

Once again it must be observed that Holder's head is too small for his shoulders. Granted, they are a pretty big set of shoulders.

Adders

Crowd looks like Sheffield Shield/ Indian test match attendance
Haha, I didn't see any of yesterday's play so was wondering what it was gonna be like watching with no crowds.........tuning in has reminded me of test matches in the UAE.

Starfighter

Typical Gabriel no-ball. He doesn't do it by halves.

Be interested to see what kind of pace he can work up here. Last one was 91.1.

Woodster

He had a slyly decent Ashes last year in a series where everyone not named Smith struggled to make consistent runs. I also think he's a bit better than his returns so far suggest.
He did, and I think he’ll do alright in this series and he’ll do an ok job and holding this position while we develop and figure out who the next long-term option is. He’s being rewarded for not having trrrible series against He will be given time by Ed Smith for obvious reasons, he’s just never going to be a number three in a top side, not that that’s what England are right now but are certainly aiming to be.