• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reported mass shooting/ critical incident in Christchurch

Days of Grace

Gun owners’ first thought will be how knee jerk the government is being. Spoke to a gun owner yesterday who came out with the same old cliques, “Guns don’t kill people, people do!” “Should we ban cars too because of all the road deaths?!” “Why should I give up my guns because of one nutcase.”

It’s depressing that their first thought is not with the victims but how it will affect the gun laws.

Sigh.

TNT

Banned
Gun owners’ first thought will be how knee jerk the government is being. Spoke to a gun owner yesterday who came out with the same old cliques, “Guns don’t kill people, people do!” “Should we ban cars too because of all the road deaths?!” “Why should I give up my guns because of one nutcase.”

It’s depressing that their first thought is not with the victims but how it will affect the gun laws.

Sigh.
Drawing a long bow there.

Gnske

Watched a bit of the video. Felt nothing.

Pretty much given up on humanity. Human suffering doesnt really bother me anymore... so self-inflicted.

The daily imprisonment and genocide of animals is far more shocking than any "terrorist" attack. Therein lies our biggest crime as a speices.
The IQ of a man who can play 5D chess with himself.

Burgey

For some reason, that kid asking Ardern at the school today how she was getting on struck me as such a kind thing to do. Not something many people would think to ask, I'd imagine.

ankitj

The 14 years that edgy teen is facing for sharing the vid and making hateful comments seems a bit excessive tbh. A fine and public humiliation should do
What are the laws for minors in Aus/NZ? In India minors (below the age of 18) only were sent to reform centers for max of 3 years until recently. Only recently some exceptions have been made for crimes like rape by minors above 16 years of age.

mr_mister

What are the laws for minors in Aus/NZ? In India minors (below the age of 18) only were sent to reform centers for max of 3 years until recently. Only recently some exceptions have been made for crimes like rape by minors above 16 years of age.
Well the dude in question is 18. If he was 17 you'd expect nothing more than like... school suspension or something for what he's done.

But not sure what happens if someone under 18 commits a serious crime like rape. Burgey to field that one

Grasshopper

Watched a bit of the video. Felt nothing.

Pretty much given up on humanity. Human suffering doesnt really bother me anymore... so self-inflicted.

The daily imprisonment and genocide of animals is far more shocking than any "terrorist" attack. Therein lies our biggest crime as a speices.
Easily the most moronic and offensive post I've seen on this forum so far. Well done.

Grasshopper

All Military Style Semi-Automatic weapons and assault weapons have been banned effective immediately.

The Government has also moved to ban a number of accessories which can take lower capacity semi-automatic to weapons of far greater killing capacity.

Related parts used to convert those guns into MSSAs are also being banned, along with all high-capacity magazines.

There will be an amnesty period, with a buy-back scheme to pay gun owners fair market value for the surrender of their weapons to police. Details of that are yet to be announced.
Great to see they're not mucking around. And also very happy the govt won't be listening to the gun lobby's toxic tripe. F**k them.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sensible and welcome reform. I hope they also reimburse the farmers that handed in their guns for destruction already.

TNT

Banned
Great to see they're not mucking around. And also very happy the govt won't be listening to the gun lobby's toxic tripe. F**k them.
Dont disagree with gun control but the timing is dismal. Sensible responsible gun owners have been lumped in with white supremacists.

ankitj

Dont disagree with gun control but the timing is dismal. Sensible responsible gun owners have been lumped in with white supremacists.
Just like at airport security they lump me with a potential plane hijacker or suicide bomber. It is very offensive. LOL no, it's not.

Last edited:

Daemon

We all get to go through security at the airport not just you.
The point is that in order to separate responsible gun owners from the ones that are stocking up for a killing spree, you need certain blanket measures. Similar measures are needed to separate a potential airplane hijacker from the average traveller.

It's not a perfect analogy but the point stands imo.

TNT

Banned
The point is that in order to separate responsible gun owners from the ones that are stocking up for a killing spree, you need certain blanket measures. Similar measures are needed to separate a potential airplane hijacker from the average traveller.

It's not a perfect analogy but the point stands imo.

Thats a good analogy if all white supremacists owned guns but they dont. Preventing white supremacists from becoming so radicalized they resort to using weapons is the solution here, next time it could be a truck used or a IED. Nothing has been achieved here in preventing another attack.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The attacker did make IEDs, they failed, and he had access to vehicles.

Hardly like adding more gun legislation means that we're going to give up on preventing radicalisation. Im in full support of both things, not just one.