• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

Perm

I really don't see how it's relevant whether the West Indies win the match or not, just because it's Lara's last. I could see how it would have been if he had done something notable, but with him scoring only 18, not bowling and not doing anything in the field, it has bugger all to do with him anymore.

Sending someone off well is a lot more than just winning their last game - they have to perform in it. Once he didn't, the match stopped being about him.
Were you actually watching the game? Apart from the one slip up Lara was looking like he could've scored a ton, and I say that in all seriousness. He was run out by his partner in a cruel twist of fate, nothing he could've done to prevent it. He performed as well as he could, ultimately his dismissal was the result of others poor work.

Perm

Nixon deserves a Test, from this performance.
Let's not get silly here, he has been good but Test's are out of the question for Nixon as far as I'm concerned.

What a hero though, most people (myself included) wrote England off at the innings break and then when Pietersen went out but he has really made me look like an idiot.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Were you actually watching the game? Apart from the one slip up Lara was looking like he could've scored a ton, and I say that in all seriousness. He was run out by his partner in a cruel twist of fate, nothing he could've done to prevent it. He performed as well as he could, ultimately his dismissal was the result of others poor work.
Yeah, I saw his innings. It's totally irrelevant though - he scored 18. This match stopped being about him once he failed to do anything notable in it. Regardless of how good he looked at the crease, he scored 18 for crying out loud.

PY

This is what I expected the WC to be.

Noise, music, excitement and some great cricket.

EDIT: Nixon gone. This could be interesting. Anderson on strike with 3 required off 4 balls. What a game.