• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The American Politics thread

Uppercut

I think GIMHian morality might put Lincoln down as one of the worst.

EDIT: just observing, fwiw. I don't mean that as a criticism of GIMHian morality.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wait, how did he talk a good game in foreign policy terms? If anything he set the modern standards for hawkishness that everyone has had to meet ever since.
Not sure the latter is quite true, but anyroad I didn't take UC's query to be about foreign policy but overall. A lot of what Reagan said in campaigns etc resonates from a pro-small government perspective; he just didn't deliver upon it. Brings us full circle to the point EWS was making really (as in the actual point he was making).

wpdavid

This is what I was saying during the primaries last year: the difference between HRC, Trump, Sanders and even Rand Paul in practice would be one of degree, not kind (presuming that Trump doesn't alienate everyone or start a nuclear war, of course).
Those are some fairly major presumptions tbf. Maybe the first one is likelier than the second one,but I'm not confident.

Hennybogan

I found these stats on a MAGA site, wondering how accurate they are:

Blacks are very good at creating ghettos and occupying our prisons...
While only 13% of the population in the USA is black:
85% of all violent interracial crimes are committed by blacks
80% of all shootings are committed by blacks
79% of all robberies are committed by blacks...
59% of all murders are committed by blacks
52% of all violent juvenile crimes are committed by blacks
49% of all murder victims are black
45% of all drug offenses are committed by blacks
42% of all cop killers are black
8% of America’s population are black men, yet they account for 40% of America’s total prison population.
99% of all major riots involving property damage, looting and civil disobedience are committed by blacks as opposed to ANY OTHER minority in America.
Blacks Commit 25X more Violent Assaults against Whites than Whites against Blacks.
And the most amazing statistic of all;
33% of all crimes in America are committed by 3% of the population; blacks between the ages of 16 and 36
42% of blacks are on welfare (Dept. of Commerce)
Only 59% of blacks graduate high school (only 20% in Detroit)
Half of Detroit’s mayoral candidates in 2017 are felons
Over 60% of black households have no fathers present
72% of black mothers are unwed, 72%!...welfare applicants on the way! More offspring means bigger welfare checks…

StephenZA

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...mmunity-hub/QuZ811QICX7ihhrifc36iO/story.html

I almost put this in the pc gone mad thread because i thought it was a better fit here: regardless of ideology, America seems to have gone ****ing mad.
So many differing social issues in one article all causing major **** up.

I found these stats on a MAGA site, wondering how accurate they are:

Blacks are very good at creating ghettos and occupying our prisons...
While only 13% of the population in the USA is black:
85% of all violent interracial crimes are committed by blacks
80% of all shootings are committed by blacks
79% of all robberies are committed by blacks...
59% of all murders are committed by blacks
52% of all violent juvenile crimes are committed by blacks
49% of all murder victims are black
45% of all drug offenses are committed by blacks
42% of all cop killers are black
8% of America’s population are black men, yet they account for 40% of America’s total prison population.
99% of all major riots involving property damage, looting and civil disobedience are committed by blacks as opposed to ANY OTHER minority in America.
Blacks Commit 25X more Violent Assaults against Whites than Whites against Blacks.
And the most amazing statistic of all;
33% of all crimes in America are committed by 3% of the population; blacks between the ages of 16 and 36
42% of blacks are on welfare (Dept. of Commerce)
Only 59% of blacks graduate high school (only 20% in Detroit)
Half of Detroit’s mayoral candidates in 2017 are felons
Over 60% of black households have no fathers present
72% of black mothers are unwed, 72%!...welfare applicants on the way! More offspring means bigger welfare checks…
Please show me the "very good" scientific metric.....
Statistics are pointless without context.

Burgey

Corrin’s disappointment at a narrow away loss for Tranmere no doubt tempered by the news Fox has re-signed Bill O’Reilly.

Ikki

Cruz gave Sanders a hell of a beating in the Health Care debate, and watch him pummel Bernie again regarding Taxes. It is embarrassing how misinformed Bernie is in these things. He's built his entire campaign on these specific issues yet is utterly clueless.

Niall

Watched some of it the other day, Bernie wasn't that bad I thought and that is from someone who thinks he is dire at these sort of things. Its been said before though, Cruz is very good at these sort of things, but I doubt it will change many people's minds. I do hope though that those who were writing articles about how Rubio and Cruz were worse than Trump should feel a little bit silly now.

Anyway,,,,the NRA....Dana is gorgeous tbf, and I think most who have guns who will look at this won't take it seriously, but there is a very small number of gun owners who are not well and live in fear of the government of taking there guns...they will love this..

Last edited:

Burgey

Is that the video where she says attacks on Trump are the greatest threat to a president in American history?

Spark

Global Moderator
Like I said the other week, disliking the NRA doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with your opinion on gun control.