• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Food/Cooking/Eating thread

Shri

You know what goes great with steak? Mint chutney. The green thing that comes with tandoori meat dishes as a side.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
HP sauce goes on your breakfast rolls (bacon, square sausage etc)

Tbh you should be put down for putting sauce on steak.
Can go with chips on the right meal. Decent with stuff like pasties etc too. Agree about the steak though.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
Mint sauce is ****. Never understood it's appeal on lamb or anything else for that matter.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can go with chips on the right meal. Decent with stuff like pasties etc too. Agree about the steak though.
Prefer mayo with chips but brown sauce is acceptable if you're getting something like a sausage supper from the chippy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Prefer mayo with chips but brown sauce is acceptable if you're getting something like a sausage supper from the chippy.
If you're getting a sausage dinner you've got gravy and need no sauce

If for some reason you get such a meal without gravy though, then yeah

I also prefer mayo with chips.

vcs

All kidding aside, the British invented a decent rice dish with Indian flavours. I present to you the relatively scarce known Kedgeree, a rice-fish-egg concoction with curry powder, milk/yogurt, Indian spices, and bay leaves, usually eaten for breakfast/brunch.

That looks nice. You non-vegetarians have it good.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If you're getting a sausage dinner you've got gravy and need no sauce

If for some reason you get such a meal without gravy though, then yeah

I also prefer mayo with chips.
Gravy's often not an option out of the chippy.

Think we're at cross purposes, I'm not talking about home cooking, I'm talking about getting something from the chippy.

indiaholic

Do you get south indian food in the UK? Or do the Indian restaurants serve mostly north indian fare?

harsh.ag

Do you get south indian food in the UK? Or do the Indian restaurants serve mostly north indian fare?
A lot of South Indian curries are available widely. Vindaloo being the most famous and accessible (too accessible some would say).

Idli-Sambhar for dinner today :eat:

Shri

A lot of South Indian curries are available widely. Vindaloo being the most famous and accessible (too accessible some would say).

Idli-Sambhar for dinner today :eat:
Vindaloo is Goan/Portugese, isn't it? Not southern.

indiaholic

No idea whether you have tried it harsh, but find a mallu restaurant and try Karimeen Pollichatu which is a marinated pearl spot fish which is wrapped in banana leaves and cooked. May just be due to growing up with it, but I can't think of any dish that makes me happier.