• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Political Compass Test

Kimbo

Thought I better take the test again..

Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.79

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well since many people on this board seem to know a lot about politics and the economy (or at least think they do), let's see which side of the political compass many members of CW are on. People on this board spout claims of people being left wing, right wing, liberal, conservative, fascist and all sorts of other pidgeon-hole comments, and I'd bet 60-80% of the people just wouldn't have a clue what they fundamentally mean, they just happened to hear it on the news or on TV and start using it as insults. So let's see where you really lie.

Here's the test:
http://politicalcompass.org/

Click the link on the site that reads "take the test". It's a brief questionairre of your general views on morality, authority, and business ethics. From your responses you are given two scores; one for your ideological stance on economics, another for your position on civil rights and authority. They have a grid which shows you how your score compares to that of likely scores of world leaders past and present.

This was my score:
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87

This test isn't exactly 100% accurate, but I considerate it fairly close to it. I think what inhibited my score a bit is that I tended to be too cautious to choose 'strongly agree' or 'strongly disagree', which thus may have resulted in my score being a bit inaccurate. I was considerably surprised with my economic score.

Your turn.

DJellett

I know that Neil Pickup is a fan of this.

I wan in quaters very close to the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela.

age_master

im pretty sure ive done this before

today i got:
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.26

Sudeep

The site still fails to load for me. :confused:

But so does Cricinfo; maybe there's some problem with my connection.

Dasa

Your political compass
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.56

I'm pretty much where I thought I would be, and where I was when I took this test a while ago.

Adamc

Mine:
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

Last time I was Economic: -6.5 Social: -3, or thereabouts if I remember correctly. Not as far left as Pickup yet but getting closer. :p

Slow Love™

What would be more interesting than the figures we ended up with would be seeing how some of us answered the questions... :)

age_master

age_master said:
im pretty sure ive done this before

today i got:
Your political compass
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.26

last time round....

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

barmyarmy

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

I was right on top of Mandela and the Dalai Lama!!!

Linda

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.85

Just about smack bang even, hahahaha.

Slats4ever

Economic Left/Right: 2.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.15

Close to the likes of Tony Blair

what's with everyone else being left on this place?

Andre

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72