• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Political Compass Test

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.67

I've moved from last time - probably due to more in-depth study of economics and IS/LM wrt Inflation.

Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.46

Cloete

Samuel_Vimes said:
Economic Left/Right: -5.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.41

Ian: we're sane.
That's a completely unjust and unwarranted statement hak...

Sudeep

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.69

Anyone care to explain that to me in laymans terms..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My scores were:

Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

Thought I'd be a bit more left-wing than that. Knew I'd lose marks socially for being a fan of the rope, but economically I'm surprised. Maybe it's true what they say about getting more right wing as you get older!

PY

Economic Left/Right: -6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.77

Pretty much what I expected in all honesty, gone to the left with economy but I doubt I'll ever go left on many social issues.

Anil

i did this before...i think i was in the centre on both economic as well as social issues....

superkingdave

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.23

Think i was more to the right last time i did it

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im very much Right wing in both aspects...

Economic Left/Right: 2.12

But I'm very anti-war, almost pacifist... Go figure that out, especially chris hinton and craig... Is a right wing pacifist possible?

Last edited:

Anil

Langeveldt said:

But I'm very anti-war, almost pacifist... Go figure that out, especially chris hinton and craig... Is a right wing pacifist possible?
sacrilegious!!! you are a traitor to the cause...!!! sold out to the enemy..!!!
:@ :censored: :scared: :mad: :crazy: :****ed:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Langeveldt said:

Just out of curiosity from your results, what are your views on homosexuality and abortion?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Jono said:
Just out of curiosity from your results, what are your views on homosexuality and abortion?
Im extremely fearful about the onset of same sex marriage, and gay rights reguarding raising children.... Which should never happen under any circumstance in my opinion..

Abortion I have no problem with at all... I don't view it as murder because the unborn child has never been conscious..

I'm not religious at all

Are these all contradictions?

Slow Love™

Langeveldt said:

There are millions of people on the Right against the war - it's just that the new Right would like everybody to think that it's purely the Left in opposition, so they can tar them with an unpatriotic (or amoral) brush.

Antiwar.com is run by right-wing libertarians. You should visit sometime (they're in heavy danger of running out of funding at the moment, but they're only $10,000 (out of a needed $50,000) away from reaching their continuation targets.

Your authoritarian score is a bit of a surprise though, and probably makes you far from a libertarian. :) Your opposition to the war I presume isn't ideologically based - what is it, out of curiosity?

Last edited:

Slow Love™

One flaw in the test, IMO, is it's skew to the left on it's economic measurement. I just don't find it very feasible, and it seems to run counter to the contemporary popularity of the free-market enthusiasts (unless it makes it clear how counter-productive to people's interests that is for many, but that seems optimistic on my part).

Another interesting thing to note is how the modern Left and the Libertarians are getting closer and closer together on not only social issues, but some issues of state regulation, also. I've seen it posed on some political blogs that Libertarians are ripping their hair out at the absurd Statism of the new Right, and are wondering aloud about whether the western Left are closer to their political allies these days (the free market conflict is a huge impediment though).

I guess it makes it obvious that we're going to have to start using new terms before long, because some of the defining traits are changing rapidly.