• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**** Trotsky Said

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Disappointed that this thread, that was locked after my excellent initial contribution, has erroneously been reopened

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"The end is justified if it leads to increasing the power of man over nature and to the abolition of the power of man over man."

Definitely my favourite Trotsky quote, but only if you ignore the sentence and a half that immediately preceded it.

andmark

Admittedly I googled "Trotsky quotes", but I liked this one: "You may not be interested in strategy, but strategy is interested in you." I wish the Buzzfeed left would read and learn from that.

Burgey

in an alternate universe a USSR lead by Trotsky probably would've lost WWII tbh
In an alternate universe, a USSR led by Trotsky would have been such a paradise that Germany would have willingly joined it and Nazism would never have risen int eh first place.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Caught harsh locking the thread by accident
Nah I locked it on purpose as a gag after sledger's "thread over" post, figuring harsh would get the joke and just re-open it immediately. Instead though he left it closed but tried to argue with me about my decision on my VM wall, thinking I had decided communism was a banned topic or something.

Probably even funnier than him pressing the wrong button tbh.

Burgey

Trotsky won me one of several jugs of beer at a pub trivia night about ten years ago. Was the answer to a “Who Am I?” question.

S.Kennedy

In an alternate universe, a USSR led by Trotsky would have been such a paradise that Germany would have willingly joined it and Nazism would never have risen int eh first place.
How do you square your heightened nationalism with your Trotskyite communism Burgey? You should be looking at Pommie workers as fella comrades, the equal of their Australian brethren. L'Internationalel and all? ''World Communism''? Really there is little time for nationalism in classical communism.

Burgey

I square it by not being either of those things, yet taking joy in having people like you think I am.

StephenZA

When did disliking one dogmatic ideology mean that you could not dislike all the other dogmatic ideologies?

S.Kennedy

I square it by not being either of those things, yet taking joy in having people like you think I am.
I assumed you were a nationalist for espousing the most nationalist antipodean nationalism imaginable the wrong side of Alan Border, and for being a communist, in this very conversation waxing lyrical on Leon Trotsky. My apologies olde boy.

Last edited: