• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

well it's not time to go, but

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Apologies for the thread title, but it's traditional.

No I'm not going to tell y'all what I think of you, that would be ridiculous, what kind of narcissistic idiot does that. Instead I'm gonna be honest about myself.

I've been hanging around an internet place to talk about cricket for going on 15 years now, which seems preposterous on its face, but it's a good community here and it's made a sports nerd from Europe feel very welcome. However, I've still had some nagging doubts about myself when navigating the real world, and I think I've finally worked out why.

I'm a trans woman, and am currently seeking treatment according to recommended medical practice and aim to change my name and gender role within a year or so. The treament process is, by the way, ridiculously slow and cautious, despite what the popular press would tell you - I've been 18 months in the waiting line and have got at least 4-5 psych assessments to get through before I'm allowed to take any drugs to change my body, let alone surgical intervention.

Thank you for the attention, enjoy your week

trundler

The popular press is generally stupid and disgustingly misleading. The whole tide pod thing for example, really got on my nerves as it was massively exaggerated.

Best of luck to you though! Hope it all works out for you.

Howe_zat

Can't ever underestimate the power of a eureka moment, and while sharing a health problem like this should be as trivial chatting about back-knack, we actually live in a world where sharing it takes a steady hand and a great attitude. So those two things put together have put a big smile on my face for you.

Wish you all the best from here on Vimes.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What the cannibal said.

Best of luck over the next couple of years mate.

edit: misread your post as being an 18 month course of drug therapy.

andmark

I'm sure all will agree that this changes nothing in how you're perceived on the forum which is a good member who generates an upbeat atmosphere. My best wishes with the treatment and whatnot.

Flem274*

123/5
same as daemon, im just glad you're not running off to go have a real life away from the internet

one of us, one of us, one of us

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can't ever underestimate the power of a eureka moment, and while sharing a health problem like this should be as trivial chatting about back-knack, we actually live in a world where sharing it takes a steady hand and a great attitude. So those two things put together have put a big smile on my face for you.

Wish you all the best from here on Vimes.
There's no way I'm going to come up with a better reply than this one, so I'll just endorse it instead.

Good luck Vimes; let us know if/when you'd like us to change how we refer to you.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's no way I'm going to come up with a better reply than this one, so I'll just endorse it instead.

Good luck Vimes; let us know if/when you'd like us to change how we refer to you.
Yeah. Echo this.

You know the score Vimes. Delighted you saw fit to share with everyone - all the best.

Top_Cat

Big hugs mate. Braver than I can fathom. I'll drop in on Bonn again soon so send me your new number eh.