• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

Top_Cat

Issued a brief statement to say meeting never happened

ChappellG has a lot of faults but I tend to believe him on this one

I also don't believe that his brother simply walked up to Sachin and said words to the effect of "I told you so" - that looks like a clear case of lost in translation to me

My impression from the few excerpts I've seen is that the book is heavily sanitised, Sachin is a bit (ok a lot) precious and the whole thing is pretty dull really
Dunno, Chappelli has form for carpark confrontations.....

weldone

Haha this on Ian Chappell is superb. :D

"I showed him the size of the mirror in 2008 when we toured Australia. He should have realised that the man he is asking to stand in front of the mirrior has played more cricket than him"
[He got Man of the Series in 2008]

OverratedSanity

Haha that tour was the start of Tendulkar's awesome run in the next 3 years. How brilliant was he on that tour, though? Easily his best series performance imo.

weldone

Haha that tour was the start of Tendulkar's awesome run in the next 3 years. How brilliant was he on that tour, though? Easily his best series performance imo.
It's not so easy mate. He's had more than 10 ridiculously good series in the Subcontinent. Yes, among the tours outside the subcontinent this was one of his best. But some other tough tours in SA, Aus and WI were equally good.

1. 2010 SA tour vs Steyn and co.
HowSTAT! Test Cricket - Sachin Tendulkar - Progressive Batting

2. 1999 Aus tour, when you consider Australia's bowling attack and India's pathetic team on that tour - getting the Man of the Series was special

3. His first Australia tour is often forgotten. It's quite special for an 18-year old batsman to score 2 centuries in his first Australia tour - that too one is Perth!

4. This series in WI against Ambrose, Walsh and Bishop is often forgotten because he didn't score any centuries. But he had 3 80+ scores. Although it includes the Barbados nightmare. :(

I didn't mention some very good NZ tours.
I also kept some 2-match series out for this.
I didn't mention 1996 tour to England, as that was against an opposition I don't rate very highly. :p
I didn't mention the 2003 Aus tour as well, as Sydney test was the only one he really dominated and there were no McGrath and Warne.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Why the **** are you saying mate?! You are in ****ing London, not Sydney, and OS is from ****ing Chennai!!

weldone

Having said all that, as an Indian fan and a Sachin fan the 2008 Australia tour (+VB Series) brought my interest back to cricket after the World Cup debacle. Yes, it was probably his best (or maybe 2nd best, after 1999) test series in Australia among 4 very good ones.

Dan

Global Moderator
Don't try too hard (unless you have constipation).
If bankers actually were as competent at maths as their job description would imply, I'd make the obligatory pencil joke right about now.

Instead, however, I'm going to point out how this thread has turned to utter **** (not that it was anything other than a giant turd to begin with), and that if you all continue to bait, troll and attack one another I'm going to get all banhammer-y (and when I say that, it does include you weldone, so don't continue the ****ing ****fight, k).

weldone

Thanks Dan and yes, I guess I won't need to reply to the personal attacks if mods take care of them.

And to disappoint you I'm not a Banker, btw.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Having a crack at Gilchrist in the heat of battle about his walking and then appealing, I can understand.

Having a crack at Gilchrist, not just by Sachin but by others, on being a hypocrite when in a measured environment such as writing a book just comes off really poorly to me.

weldone

Having a crack at Tendulkar, not just by Gilchrist but by others, when in a measured environment such as writing a book just comes off really poorly to me.

Spark

Global Moderator
This seemingly irrepressible urge to defend Tendulkar's honour from the slightest criticism is a truly fascinating psychological quirk