• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

weldone

This seemingly irrepressible urge to defend Gilchrist's honour from the slightest criticism is a truly fascinating psychological quirk

weldone

weldone plz don't become the next WW.
Well, it's unfair to say that I have an irrepressible urge to defend Tendulkar. I am someone who isn't even sure if Tendulkar is the 2nd best batsman ever. I even mentioned in this thread that I expected some words on the match-fixing episode in his autobiography.

But some of the criticisms have been ludicrous IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If bankers actually were as competent at maths as their job description would imply, I'd make the obligatory pencil joke right about now.

Instead, however, I'm going to point out how this thread has turned to utter **** (not that it was anything other than a giant turd to begin with), and that if you all continue to bait, troll and attack one another I'm going to get all banhammer-y (and when I say that, it does include you weldone, so don't continue the ****ing ****fight, k).
Reminder for all.

Spark

Global Moderator
This seemingly irrepressible urge to defend Gilchrist's honour from the slightest criticism is a truly fascinating psychological quirk
Good grief.

I'm out. I'll be back when this thread reaches primary school level, which might well be never.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
When Rahul Dravid was asked if he would read the book, he said 'yes' on Cricinfo a few days back saying he would be keen to see how the mind of such a great sportsperson works. Dravid has been known to read books of some other sports 'greats', so to say.

I would be keen to see if he talked about his batting technique, routines, preparation, mindset, etc. So much publicity about the book, mostly on controversial topics has been very offputting.

harsh.ag

Thanks Dan and yes, I guess I won't need to reply to the personal attacks if mods take care of them.

And to disappoint you I'm not a Banker, btw.
Apologies if you felt it was a personal attack dude. Honestly felt it was funny.

OverratedSanity

Having a crack at Gilchrist, not just by Sachin but by others, on being a hypocrite when in a measured environment such as writing a book just comes off really poorly to me.
Having a crack at Tendulkar, not just by Gilchrist but by others, when in a measured environment such as writing a book just comes off really poorly to me.
This seemingly irrepressible urge to defend Tendulkar's honour from the slightest criticism is a truly fascinating psychological quirk

Furball

Evil Scotsman
When Rahul Dravid was asked if he would read the book, he said 'yes' on Cricinfo a few days back saying he would be keen to see how the mind of such a great sportsperson works. Dravid has been known to read books of some other sports 'greats', so to say.

I would be keen to see if he talked about his batting technique, routines, preparation, mindset, etc. So much publicity about the book, mostly on controversial topics has been very offputting.
I'm curious about what additional insight Dravid will pick up considering he shared a dressing room for 15 years.