• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

OverratedSanity

100% deserved on the balance of play. Shame the ashes are decided with one game still to go though, this has been a fantastic series.

Bijed

Ahh, well played Aus. For obvious reasons I wish the series was alive going into the next test, but I don't think I'd be alone in saying that this has been a great series which would have deserved a final-test showdown if it came to it. Still won/drawn series to play for of course, hopefully that means we get another great match at the Oval anyway. Been a top contest this one and deserves a fitting finale

Burgey

Ashes staying right where they belong. Been a great series between two excellent bowing sides which are woeful batting units bar two players.

Fair effort england, who just don’t go away these days. Felt for Overton there who was guts personified. Would much rather have seen Broad lose it and everyone make fun of him.

What a legacy for Paine btw. Bloke is a moderate player at this level and has skippered for a year without his best player. He’ll never be regarded as a great, but he’ll always have this achievement, which is singular