• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

trundler

Wouldn't been awesome if the tech had malfunctioned there. :laugh:

What a magnificent game of cricket. All hail Steven Smith, the man who deserves to have his cajones carried by a royal chariot. Bloomin' heck yes unlike anything I've seen. What a wonderful bowling performance too. Well played Overton. That's another weekend wasted. Compelling cricket. ****ing awesome.

Last edited:

Spikey

All the old guys complained about archer wearing his sweater around his waist, but langer wearing his sweater is a million times worse

a massive zebra

Congratulations Australia!

Their first successful series in England since 2001 if I am not mistaken.

Can't say they don't deserve it, should be 3-0 really.

Could have been another 2005, if only Steve Smith did not exist.

hazsa19

Ugh. Probably had half hour more to survive? Genuinely would rather we collapse before lunch.

No arguments though, best side has won.

Spark

Global Moderator
Congratulations Australia!

Their first successful series in England since 2001 if I am not mistaken.

Can't say they don't deserve it, should be 3-0 really.

Could have been another 2005, if only Steve Smith did not exist.
I mean if Steve Smith did not exist then this would probably be more like 2013. Commendable bowling, but just no runs.

trundler

Ashes win in England after a generation. First time in my lifetime. Steve Smith, what a legend. This is his moment. Redemption done right.

a massive zebra

Ashes staying right where they belong. Been a great series between two excellent bowing sides which are woeful batting units bar two players.

Fair effort england, who just don’t go away these days. Felt for Overton there who was guts personified. Would much rather have seen Broad lose it and everyone make fun of him.

What a legacy for Paine btw. Bloke is a moderate player at this level and has skippered for a year without his best player. He’ll never be regarded as a great, but he’ll always have this achievement, which is singular
Joe Root isn't a woeful player. Just not in the best of form at the moment and he has received some cracking deliveries from some superb pace bowlers.

quincywagstaff

Those last day scraps to try and save a game are my favourite form of Test cricket; just so tense and fascinating to watch.

Been a terrific series.