• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Niall

This Is England probably the best UK drama that lasted more than 2 seasons of recent times and even then it did have filler.

MW1304

Not seen Top Boy but it got cancelled after two seasons and picked up by ****ing Drake, so if it is great then British TV doesn't exactly come out of that well either.

Daemon

Anyone seen The Last Dance?

I've never followed Basketball despite thinking it's probably the coolest sport ever so I found it brilliant.

MJ must've had some sort of mental illness to be that competitive and driven. What a machine.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah we've been discussing it a bit in the NBA thread.

I'm a huge Bulls fan and I've been watching with a huge ****ing grin on my face. Mike was a psychopath but he was our psychopath.

stephen

Better Call Saul was a very slow burn but the seasons since there was a fire have taken the show up to 11. The final episode of season 5 was awesome.

stephen

My wife is going to give breaking bad a shot now that we've done BCS. I don't think she'll like it tbh but it's worth showing her.

Other than that there's a huge hole in our watching schedule at the moment with nothing to fill it other than Lego masters and reruns of parks and recreation.

Kraken

I know this is more for tv shows, but will throw a movie in.

Just watched "The Platform" on Netflix...one of the more ****ed things I think I've ever watched. Don't even know how to begin describing it. Well worth a watch though

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've been watching The Expanse over the last few days. Seems really quite good. Reminds me of Mass Effect quite a bit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've been watching The Expanse over the last few days. Seems really quite good. Reminds me of Mass Effect quite a bit.
I've tried to watch this a few times because it seems up my alley, but the way they drop you into the universe in the first couple of episodes just fails to keep my attention and then I end up missing too much stuff amidst my distractions to really get a feel for it.

It's probably a failing of my own attention span rather than the show, but alas I haven't managed to get into it despite numerous attempts.

Last edited:

stephen

I've tried to watch this a few times because it seems up my alley, but the way they drop you into the universe in the first couple of episodes just fails to keep my attention and then I end up missing too much stuff amidst my distractions to really get a feel for it.

It's probably a failing of my own attention span rather than the show, but alas I haven't managed to get into it despite numerous attempts.
It's hard to follow in the first couple of episodes because so much happens.

Earth is the big power of the solar system. They have the numbers, the finances and a lot of political clout in the system. There are a number of political players from Earth featured in the show. Their colour is blue.

Mars is technologically way ahead of Earth and have stealth technology. Mars is a bit like what Russia was to the USA in the cold war. They're technologically way ahead of Earth in stealth technology. They were founded by a bunch of scientists and engineers and value intelligence highly. They don't have the raw numbers that Earth has, but they do have the best military technology. Their colour is red.

The belt is divided into a number of factions. The belt is made up of Eros (the largest asteroid in the solar system), Ganymede (a moon off Jupiter), a space station who's name escapes me (where they're building the Mormon generation ship) and a bunch of other small factions, outposts and groups of people. The belt is notionally not governed by a united government, but the OPA is a political alliance that has a big following in the belt. They are disorganised and living on the edge. They're identified by their South Africanish accents. The belt is hard and the people who live in the belt face death regularly.

The main characters are James Holden, who was originally from Earth but is the vice captain on an ice hauler in the belt, Chrisjen Avasarala a powerbroker in the Earth government, Detective Miller a cop on Eros station. There are a bunch of other characters but these are the main three that you should know. Holden is the lawful good, Miller the chaotic good, Chrisjen the lawful neutral.