• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The TV show thread (many spoilers)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's so good. No other show like it.
It's one of those things. If it went on for longer the quality would've diluted - but - I would love a spin off in the same universe. Set in the 70s, with a few of the originals and a raft of new characters and possibilities. Basically a Better Call Saul to mad Men's Breaking Bad (although that might be a prequel? The tale of what happens with Don between Korea and Sterling Cooper...).

Bahnz

Michael Jordan's reaction to Gary Payton saying he had his number in the 96 NBA finals was just priceless.

grecian

Watched Swamp Thing on amazon, must remember to cancel, before the free month is up. Really enjoyed it, got a bit disjointed at the end, presumably because it was meant to be 13 eps, but ended up being 10. Some genuinely scary **** in it.

Cancelled now though, presumably because DC wouldn't know anything good if it bit them.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Watched Swamp Thing on amazon, must remember to cancel, before the free month is up. Really enjoyed it, got a bit disjointed at the end, presumably because it was meant to be 13 eps, but ended up being 10. Some genuinely scary **** in it.

Cancelled now though, presumably because DC wouldn't know anything good if it bit them.
I haven't watched it yet, but apparently it was ridiculously expensive to produce. There might be hope with HBOMax.

grecian

I haven't watched it yet, but apparently it was ridiculously expensive to produce. There might be hope with HBOMax.
Yeah, the special effects alone looked top notch, not the normal CGI stuff, really vivid. CW have bought it I think, but not sure how it fits with the strictly tame raft of superhero stuff they have, can only think they'd show it on their seed channel, and yeah can't see them paying for a second series.

stephen

Should watch on Amazon: The Test, The Expanse and The Boys.

Basically all the shows worth watching are named like early 00s rock bands.

grecian

Already watched the Boys, never really got into Expanse. The Test is obviously full of really despicable people, not sure I can bring myself to watch. maybe if we'd won the Ashes.

I watched Midsommar, which isn't TV, pure nonsense, but kinda fun, Florence Pugh was good.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I enjoyed it. It didn't linger with me after watching like a really great show does. But it was full of terrible people, and pretty funny.

grecian

I enjoyed it. It didn't linger with me after watching like a really great show does. But it was full of terrible people, and pretty funny.
I could do with a laugh, clearly, it's at times like this you realise how ****ing depressing most high-quality ********* stuff is.

Watched Snowpiercer, was okay, but not in the same ballpark as the film, obvs, but I guess that's an unreasonable metric to judge a TNT show.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Man, that closing scene of season 2 of Billions
For something that was meant to be a sort of Suits-Breaking Bad hybrid I should absolutely love the thing but I managed to totally stop caring about it after four episodes. Worth diving back in to?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Finished the first season of The Expanse last week. Enjoyed it, but it didn't quite live up to its early promise imo. Better than your standard Sci-Fi romp though. Will watch the second season soon.

One problem it did have, which so many Sci-Fi shows have, was the fact that despite it being set on these space stations/ships/colonies, all of which are portrayed as being absolutely ****ing massive, all the characters keep running into each other every time they go out for a bit. One of my fiction bugbears, this.