• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian politics thread

morgieb

In fairness, one year after losing an election where you went backwards and had to start all over is probably the worst time to try and get oxygen as an opposition
And Covid hitting doesn't help as long as the government don't completely arse**** the response. Which is not the case with Morrison, even if it is the case with other right-wingers worldwide.

Redbacks

And Covid hitting doesn't help as long as the government don't completely arse**** the response. Which is not the case with Morrison, even if it is the case with other right-wingers worldwide.
There's always something to pick at. Plenty of people on the mid south coast are still living in caravans and haven't seen a cent from the feds after the bushfires.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

as happy as i am that kristy and the good guys won EM by elections are the biggest paper tiger in australian politics

our media was itching to use this as an excuse to blow even more smoke up morrison’s ass (the telecrap did, tbf, what with their disgusting reporting on it for the paper this morning ffs), but generally any by election here gets so much play purely because there’s no other meaningful politics on at the time and any ballot gives a great chance to push media narratives. statistics like the “no government has displaced an opposition party at a by election for 100 plus years” is one of those stats that exists purely to drive media narrative and be broken at the right time, again, for narrative.

really

what ever did happen here, though again i’m glad the team i’m on got up, wouldn’t matter at all in the long run; the election is still a brace of years away (unless morrison gets dangerous and wants to consolidate power) and nobody is going to be talking about the eden monaro by election come 2022.

in saying that, absolutely stoked the people of E-M will have another member devoted to the region and regional issues who’ll advocate for them in canberra. kelly was that member, and kristy is sure to be that too

Last edited:

Redbacks

Interesting that the AFL teams managed to leave just before the border lockdown! It's obviously been in the works for a week or so now.

Burgey

Was chatting with some folks with contacts in the Vic health system over the weekend.

Suffice to say, the hotel guard who was filling in one of the quarantined women and took the virus back home to his wife, family and friends thereby spreading the outbreak won't be too popular when it's all revealed at the judicial inquiry.

Burgey

Marshall should be the premier in that pic next to Andrews, I'd think, rather than two who've basically been in lockstep with Victoria, or in Gladys's case, calling for things to reopen faster than the other two.

Redbacks

Victoria probably had the strictest lockdown from day 1 and have eased off the slowest, so I don't think the finger goes directly at the premier. The management of quarantine looks like it had holes so the minister might be in strife but before NSW ever gets on a high horse: -> Ruby Princess

Burgey

It's no coincidence NSW has quietly stopped allowing private security guards to work in the quarantine hotels. They were up until this week. This has basically happened because a security guard couldn't keep it zipped. I know that sounds remarkable, but it's true.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's no coincidence NSW has quietly stopped allowing private security guards to work in the quarantine hotels. They were up until this week. This has basically happened because a security guard couldn't keep it zipped. I know that sounds remarkable, but it's true.
I'm sure if they gave him a blue uniform and a shiny badge he would've been much more professional.

Redbacks

Let's just hope the 6 week lock-down works and also this serves as a wake-up call to everyone that complacency is still a significant danger. If NSW health were aiming to be proactive then I'd be putting on an audit blitz over the next couple weeks to ensure businesses are following the rules.

Burgey

How good is channel nine dumping Hanson after giving her a paid platform for years? Who'd have thought you put someone like her on air and she'd say something appalling and racist? Then the network acts surprised about it. They're as bad as each other.

Redbacks

He's literally ****ed Victoria

Line and Length

How good is channel nine dumping Hanson after giving her a paid platform for years? Who'd have thought you put someone like her on air and she'd say something appalling and racist? Then the network acts surprised about it. They're as bad as each other.
I think they might have been using her to get headlines and boost ratings. However, she has been singing from the same songbook for too long and enough was enough.