• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. BlackCap_Fan

Goal Line Blitz

I made a thread about this a couple of months ago, but it's dead and buried. Back then, all the teams were bought so if you made a player it was pretty hard to get him on a team, so people lost interest quickly. But now they've added a bunch of new teams since then ("bunch" meaning over a...
  2. BlackCap_Fan

Goal Line Blitz

For those who are interested in the NFL and grid iron in general: Basically, you create a player in whichever position you want, then build him from the ground up to whatever you want him to be. It'll probably be a load of gibberish to those who don't follow Grid Iron, but I've been on it for...
  3. BlackCap_Fan

Good youth talent?

Well, there's alot of people around here, and I figure that some of you must be involved in youth cricket, so I was wondering if anyone could talk about any good youth (U-19, or so) talent they've seen around, or heard of. One guy I played against a few weeks ago was a Tauranga High batsman -...
  4. BlackCap_Fan

transferring saves?

I've got an ICC 2002 save I want to transfer to another computer. How do I do this? Do I just move the .CAP file? Or do I need to move the database?
  5. BlackCap_Fan

WTC attack 911 calls

These 2 calls were from the world trade center on 9/11. Theres a transcirpt for both of them, and an mp3 of them if you want to listen to them. They're pretty disturbing though. First call: Mp3 of the call and the second: MP3 of second call. The first one is the worst. The quality isn't...
  6. BlackCap_Fan

Going to Aus

I'm going to Aus (Gold Coast) on vacation from the 3rd to the 13th, so I won't be here. I also have a question; in Aus, I was planning on getting the ashes DVD, among other things. Where d'you reckon I could get it? It's pretty hard to find here. Obviously this question is for the Aussie...
  7. BlackCap_Fan

Satellite for sale!

Faulty satellite for sale on Trademe. Apparently this made the 6 o'clock news... Pretty cheap.
  8. BlackCap_Fan

Weird head thingy

This only started happening recently and has only happened twice so far - once last week and once on friday. Both times it's happened it's been during P.E and I'm running at the time, and I feel a tiny bit of pressure in the top back left area of my head, then I hear a small popping sound (it's...
  9. BlackCap_Fan

Favourite cricket photos

What's everyones favourite cricket photos? Being a kiwi, this is mine. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a picture of Astle's catch which is as good as this. What's everyone elses favourites?
  10. BlackCap_Fan

Leg Spin tips

My other thread in off topic is dead now, and I should've posted it in Cricket chat in the first place. The story is I'm trying to bowl leg spin, I am currently working on the stock delivery. I think I've got my grip sorted out (question about that below), but I'm just having problems with...
  11. BlackCap_Fan

Bowling leg spin

I'm trying to bowl leg spin but I just can't get it to work. I've got the grip all worked out (I think) but the release is going horrible. I'm trying to bowl the stock delivery (leg break, obviously). You have to rotate your wrist whilst cocked anti clockwise and deliver it, using your fingers...
  12. BlackCap_Fan

Your best and worst of 2005

Ehh, simple. Just tell what you think has been the best and worst in 2005, in the cricket world of course. For me; Best: The Ashes. 'Nuff said. Worst: What the ICC have done this year. Every. Single. Thing.
  13. BlackCap_Fan

Bloody hell!

Ok guys, you probably know alot more about cricket bats than I do, so I was wondering if you can tell me if these cracks a repairable, or even worth it. Here's the story; there's a guy in my team named Frank. He's one of my friends, and he's a big islander guy who is a hell of alot stronger and...
  14. BlackCap_Fan

Cricket Clip (again)

Well, my other thread got closed by James due to something about SJS linking to copyrighted material, so I'll ask again. Does anyone have a clip of Shane Bond's 6/23 against AUS?
  15. BlackCap_Fan

Cricket clip

Does anyone have a clip of Bond's 6/23 against AUS?
  16. BlackCap_Fan

Wilshere's season playing for KBHS

Yep, the season's roaring back to life here. BL wilshere, playing for Kelston Boys high school. Day before Match. Well, I've been given a trial for the cricket institute. It's on monday. The teacher in charge of the whole thing saw me playing (well, just mucking 'round) in the school nets...
  17. BlackCap_Fan

Oh. My. God.

Apparently, anyone who watches This video will be dead in 7 days. I watched it yesterday, and really freaky things have started happening.... I guess I'll see you in a week or so. Watch the tape if you dare. Yes, this is a joke.
  18. BlackCap_Fan

Cricket Music Videos

Here's how it goes. There was a cricket music video made for the 2003 (I think it was 2003) NZ cricket awards, and the music was 'The New Radicals:You only get what you give' (some know it as 'You've got the Music in you'). I had it on tape, but the tape got damaged, along with many of my other...
  19. BlackCap_Fan

Cricket 6 hit off

I remember this topic being discussed a while ago. Everybody knows about the Baseball Home Run hit off, where the batter tries to hit as many home runs as possible. What about cricket, where the batsman has to hit as many sixes as possible? Thoughts?
  20. BlackCap_Fan

Most annoyed at yourself

For those here who play cricket, what's the most annoying way you've gotten out? Mine was when a spin bowler came on. I was on 6. He bowled a ball outside the off stump, so I charged down the track. I then, and only then, realised that the ball wasn't there to hit, so I changed my shot into...