• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alliterative Cricketer Names

SillyCowCorner1

I know this name because it sounds great....

Wajahatullah Wasti

I know that there are more awesome cricketers with awesome alliterative names...but this name is so, so exotic. At one point, I mistaken him for Chaminda Vaas.

Howe_zat

Asghar Afghan
Bill Bowes
Craig Cumming
David Denton
Edwin Evans
Frank Foster
Gordon Greenidge
Hamid Hassan

Jeff Jones
Kosala Kulasekara

Muttiah Muralitharan
Njabulo Ncube

Peter Pollock

Ravi Rampaul
Steve Smith
Thilan Thushara

Willie Watson

I was doing well for a bit, then it got difficult.

Engle

OTOH :

Azhar Ali
Mushtaq Mohammed
Basil Butcher
Bishen Bedi
Ramiz Raja
Graham Gooch
Hedley Howarth
Rodney Redmond

Yousuf Youhanna before he changed his name.
Cuthbert Gordon Greenidge, Balfour Patrick Patterson and Michael Colin Cowdrey better known by their middle names

Last edited:

Engle

Pat Pocock, Bernard Bosanquet, Shane Shillingford, Gary Gilmour, Bob Barber (OK, that s/b Robert)

AndrewB

Asghar Afghan
Bill Bowes
Craig Cumming
David Denton
Edwin Evans
Frank Foster
Gordon Greenidge
Hamid Hassan

Jeff Jones
Kosala Kulasekara

Muttiah Muralitharan
Njabulo Ncube

Peter Pollock

Ravi Rampaul
Steve Smith
Thilan Thushara

Willie Watson

I was doing well for a bit, then it got difficult.
Vince van der Bijl
LL is surprisingly tricky. Les Lehman used to play for Sussex, and Jock Livingston’s real name was Leonard.