• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are the left stupid or just deluded?

Are the left stupid or deluded?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weldone

Most people in the world are stupid. They are everywhere - left, right , centre, Asia, Europe, America, Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Atheist, white, black, brown, male, female, straight, gay, lesbian. So I vote stupid.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Chomsky is a self-described anarchist, although I'm not fully sure if kirkut knew really well what he was talking about.
I mean anarchism as originally constituted in the 19th century by Proudhon, Bakunin etc is definitely extreme-left and are the more famous ones, the "right-wing" variants came about somewhat later. But I just found it funny given that the two most prominent anarchists on this websitee are definitely not left-wing.

Although given some of the discussions Cribb and I have had recently about Marx and Bakunin, maybe I should reassess :ph34r:

weldone

Capitalism dictionary for the working class –

Freedom = right to freely choose which rich person(s) you’ll serve in order to stay alive

Happiness = when your rich master(s) throw extra peanuts for your good service

Jealousy = not when your master(s) earn thousand times more, but when your colleague earns 1 dollar more

Failure = after your best efforts for years, when rich master(s) start preferring someone else’s services

John1990

Too far left and you get easily led, deluded and the like. Too far right and you start to get overly manipulative, clever people with bad intentions. The best thing to be is bang in the middle and only give a **** about yourself. That way you aren't harming anyone and you are treating everyone the same. That being said I don't claim to know or care much about politics. When it comes to politics I'm a firm believer that ignorance is bliss and intend to keep it like that as much as possible for myself.

Edit: I'll close the door on the way out :laugh:

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There are loads. Most of them end with "and that child's name... was Albert Einstein."
Haha there is a medical ethics proposition that appears in almost every medical law textbook which ends with "...congratulations, you have just aborted Stephen Hawking."

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Imagine thinking that only giving a **** about yourself can't possibly be harming to others.

andmark

I found a funny shop once. It was a Marxist book shop and it even embodied the whole thing of the left splitting all the time. Like this shop had all sorts of books about Marx, Lenin, Cuba etc but absolutely none on Mao. The impression I ended up with was that the shop had sided with Russia on the Sino-Soviet Split which I hope is true.