• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chess

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Chess.com doesn't work on my computer in the office so it'll just be sporadic moves here and there when I'm on breaks.

Uppercut

Chess.com doesn't work on my computer in the office so it'll just be sporadic moves here and there when I'm on breaks.
No rush. Still in the office then?

You're a bit of a Burnley at chess, challenging me to a one-day-per-move game then playing the Philidor defense.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No rush. Still in the office then?

You're a bit of a Burnley at chess, challenging me to a one-day-per-move game then playing the Philidor defense.
Haha there wasn't really any middle ground that would have allowed me to pick the game up today as I was never going to complete it last night unless it was a really quick game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Feels like I'm delaying the inevitable here

edit: especially with a rookie error like that

Last edited:

Victor Ian

Australian Cricket chess board.
King. It's all over once you get him out - Bradman
Queen. One of a kind multiskilled. Gilchrist.
Rooks. Solid defence. - Border, Waugh
Bishops. Masters of angles. - McGrath, Warne (or maybe the religious types Oreilly, Hayden)
Knights. Unorthodox style. Smith, Thompson
Pawns. .... Not sure where to go with this. Maybe the final 8 of a touring squad of 16

Its pretty ****. I just posted one so that you guys might chip in with your own versions and give me something else to read other than the depressing corona thread.