• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chicken Curry OR Curry Chicken?!

Which is the correct term?

• Chicken curry (Guyanese)

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Curry chicken (Trinidad and Tobago)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Burgey

My wife is a vegetarian so haven't been able to enjoy any chicken dish, no matter what you call it, for 3 months now :(

Would kill one, pluck it and cook it if given the opportunity.
You say that, but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be tbh. I went to an Ag HS and we had to raise chicks from eggs, feed and nurture them then behead them, pluck them, gut them and dress them to be eaten. Was in year eight. The phrase “running around like a headless chook” is based on fact btw.

Didn’t much enjoy it at the time, but it developed my skills for later in life when I had my Gary Ridgeway phase.

harsh.ag

It's strange how well most regional cuisine of India cooks chicken. In many circles, meat eating is synonymous with eating chicken only.

Shri

Nah we don't cook it that well tbh. They cook the breasts, thighs etc together in curries at my cousin's place and the breasts are always overcooked af.

I pan fry thighs for like 12 minutes while flipping them every two minutes and add them to my curry at the end. Some pressure cook breasts and it always tastes like ****.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dear the outside, and then pressure cook the things, it’s the best. Chicken breasts are so tasteless innately so it’s difficult to cook them well - honestly I just use them for things like slow cooked tacos or something with a ridiculous amount of sauce.

Daemon

I try to avoid them because of how easy they are to **** up and the lack of taste.

However I do regularly buy and keep frozen cooked chicken breasts in the freezer for a quick meal when I cbf. Just need to thaw them and dump them in the air fryer with some veggies for a bit then squeeze a bit of lemon and you're good. They actually stay pretty moist as well once you figure out the optimum timing.

duffer

You say that, but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be tbh. I went to an Ag HS and we had to raise chicks from eggs, feed and nurture them then behead them, pluck them, gut them and dress them to be eaten. Was in year eight. The phrase “running around like a headless chook” is based on fact btw.

Didn’t much enjoy it at the time, but it developed my skills for later in life when I had my Gary Ridgeway phase.
I just want to go to KFC ,man

vcs

So then why'd it take you guys so long to come up good fast bowlers?
It doesn't seem to have much correlation.. the percentage of vegetarianism appears to be higher in North India, and in general I'd say they're the more athletic type. Quite surprised to see Rajasthan having 75% vegetarians.

honestbharani

Neither does the 2% in TN... If you just looked the percentage of veg restaurants alone it will be very very different to that. It just seems a random number thingy generated out of nothing but someone's imagination.

duffer

From what I remember the question asked in that survey was whether they preferred veg or non veg.

Shri

Just because people prefer it doesn't mean they can afford it. Most middle class households cook meat only on the weekends because they either don't have time or space in the budget.

honestbharani

If it was some kind of twitter or online survey, I can understand why the numbers would skew that way. Anyways, that is not a reflection of reality.

harsh.ag

A much more informative survey would be about what % of your meals are vegetarian. Numbers will be much higher across the board. Even meat eaters in India eat mostly veg food.

honestbharani

At least in my experience a lot of the non-veg folks only have it like 2 or 3 days in a week that too, mostly for lunch and dinner. I am talking about the max end of the scale here.