• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW short story competition 2 results

Which story appealed to you the most

• Total voters

Hurricane

Happy enough to go in it again or even run it but hopefully would get at least 5 contestants as usually 1 or 2 pull out towards the end.

Hurricane

I'm a maybe. Just came up with a half-idea.

What's the usual word limit?
Whatever we all agree to - how many words do you want?

First Comp: Stories must be minimum 500 words up to 2000 words.

Second Comp: Stories must be minimum 500 words up to 2500 words.

Hurricane

That's 4 people...

How about you Watson your English skills are pretty handy. Must be fiction though.

Hurricane

Will give a go.
Oh Terrific Harsh!!

That makes 5...Heef did you want to run it this time since you bumped the thread or are you happy for me to coordinate...also sounds like Howe is happy to be a judge...is Fred back with us as well to complete the team as the other judge?

cpr

I might be a late entry again if I can think of a story, not actually got any left in the old noggin at the moment.

Hurricane

I might be a late entry again if I can think of a story, not actually got any left in the old noggin at the moment.
We will count you as 6. Like I said 1-2 tend to pull out towards the end. So 6 is a very healthy number.

Yes thinking of a story is very hard. I was going to give you a tip on how to think of a story but I think you beat me last time with a stunning story, so it should be you giving me the tips thanks very much!!!

HeathDavisSpeed

Happy for you to run it Hurricane. I just wanted to see, given its been about a year, whether it was time for the next instalment.

Hurricane

Happy for you to run it Hurricane. I just wanted to see, given its been about a year, whether it was time for the next instalment.
How about you be strategic advisor this year. I could use a sounding board.

You happy with 500-2500 words? Given past competitions what deadline do you recommend. I don't want to rush people particularly.

HeathDavisSpeed

Maybe a hard deadline of 30th June? Two months is plenty of time IMO. Maybe have a couple of other judges, given it was a 2:1 split last year?

Hurricane

Maybe a hard deadline of 30th June? Two months is plenty of time IMO. Maybe have a couple of other judges, given it was a 2:1 split last year?
Might roll it out a bit later than 30th June but ok - roughly then. I have a toastmasters speech I need to give in the next 6 weeks. I think last year we just had the two judges? Can't recall if they were in agreement or not. @Howe - what happened.

Hurricane

I think as far as judges go beggars can't be choosers comes to mind. So yeah.

I am not fussed on winning. I am just delighted that the other contestants all read my story and don't pan it.

That has been one good thing, everyone has been very positive and supportive.