• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eating Kangaroo

Test_Fan_Only

I have just started to eat kangaroo due to its low fat content and it is good.

Do you eat kangaroo?

One of the reason given for why people would not eat kangaroo is kangaroos are cute. I think they are impressive animals but I would not say they are cute. I think lambs are cuter than kangaroos. Do you think Kangaroos are too cute to eat?

Dan

Global Moderator
I encourage everyone to take up eating kangaroo. Australia has far too many of them, so further development of the kangaroo meat industry would have positive impacts.

Dan

Global Moderator
It's also a good product, too. A place up in Katoomba does a spicy 'roo pizza and it's amazing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I love it.

It's also a good product, too. A place up in Katoomba does a spicy 'roo pizza and it's amazing.
That sounds awesome. Probably not worth going to Katoomba for but I'll hit you up for the name of it if I'm ever randomly in the area.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My aunt and uncle live in Springwood, probably the closest I'll get to it without something strange happening. I might hit it up when I next visit them.

mr_mister

I actually really dislike the taste of roo meat. At least in steak form. Maybe a roo mincemeat patty would go okay

Ausage

Got tricked into eating croc. My wife (then gf) told me it was pork in a (delicious) plum sauce. She asked me how it was and I replied "beautiful", referring to the sauce while thinking "the meat is a bit strange though".

Was pretty grumpy when she told me it was croc, but had one of those pride sapping "but you liked it when you didn't know what it was!" comments thrown back at me. The words "yeah but I thought the meat itself was gross" felt stupid the moment they left my mouth.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Used to be a restaurant in Newbury that served stuff like Kangaroo, Ostrich and Crocodile. It is there no longer, sadly. But I enjoyed it on the odd occasion I went there.

Burgey

Not an easy meat to cook because it's so lean, but as others have said, when it's done well it's awesome.

Kirkut

For a minute I thought TFO will get pounced on for making an insensitive thread. But I was wrong! Never knew it is a delicacy along with crocs.