• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Five bands you've seen live

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Was it with Weiland or the new guy?

Imagine Scott could be a little hit and miss due to his, ah, refuelling habits.
It was Weiland a couple of years after they all got back together. Wasn't aware of his issues, or the fact that he passed away, but that would explain a lot.

Line and Length

Casting my mind back, here are five I've seen and one I missed.

Animals
Freddie and the Dreamers
Kinks
Manfred Mann
Rolling Stones
Searchers

Gnske

I've only been dragged to gigs against my will, hated them all.

Was hoping to change that and see the Strokes and Tame Impala this year, but going to have to sit on my gonads for them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was Weiland a couple of years after they all got back together. Wasn't aware of his issues, or the fact that he passed away, but that would explain a lot.
I saw him with Velvet Revolver in 05 and he was in tip top form. A couple of my mates went to see VR a few years later and said he stank the place out.

I've seen videos of the later years when he was back in STP and it ain't pretty, Sad stuff.

Meridio

6 of a similar (ish) style:

Pixies
Pearl Jam
Smashing Pumpkins
Soundgarden
Dinosaur Jr
Queens of the Stone Age

Red_Ink_Squid

Well, thanks for having a go!

Sledge is right though, think they're maybe the band I've seen most though, actually. 5 times so far.

Anyhow, I'm going REM for yours and Deftones for Sledger.
It's the taking part that counts I guess. I saw Elbow once, but only as a support act, I think to Muse, circa '03.

Not REM for me, saw them play at Old Trafford in 05, supported by a couple of bands I've also seen in their own right (Idlewild and Feeder). Was a solid gig.

The Music is the one on my list I haven't seen, think they would have been good live though. Got into them off the back of some friends of mine going to a gig of theirs and hyping them up.

_Ed_

INXS
Midnight Oil
Dire Straits
Foo Fighters
Alice Cooper
Metallica
I'm gonna guess Dire Straits? I ruled out Alice Cooper immediately, because I remember you making a post about the superb Nita Strauss.

My selection:

Black Sabbath
Soundgarden
System of a Down
The White Stripes
Radiohead
Rammstein

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Foo Fighters
Weezer
Beck
Grace Jones
Iron Maiden
The Strokes
Grace Jones the obvious shout, but probably too obvious. Going with very Maiden as they're the other mild outlier.

6 of a similar (ish) style:

Pixies
Pearl Jam
Smashing Pumpkins
Soundgarden
Dinosaur Jr
Queens of the Stone Age
Reckon I must have about 40 albums by bands on your list.

Going with Dinosaur jr on the grounds they're least likely to play huge enormodomes or stadiums, so statistically they've probably been seen by the fewest punters.