• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gaming discussion

Teja.

Global Moderator
Has anyone here played Pathologic? Saw a youtube video from hbomberguy on it and it sounds exactly like the type of sick game I would really enjoy.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Interesting. Tbh I never really felt this. To me the entire thing felt really well polished.
Oh no I agree with you. Was talking about the fact that the game feels like it ends 5 hours before it actually should've like you mentioned.

You played the new Ori? I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Even better than the original.

Yeah looks great. Might have to upgrade my crappy pc though.

I want to hear thoughts on the combat /story changes to ff7 from the originals fans (dcye?) . I don't particularly love the original that much so I thought the story stuff was so stupid it kinda worked for me. Less keen on the combat though.

Teja.

Global Moderator
OS,

Remember having an argument with you over DS v. DS3. I played through DS again after like 5 years recently and you were right to the extent that DS is a far better game but wrong about the difficulty part, DS is far harder simply because of how suffocating existing is in the game if you're trying to play it legitimately as opposed to looking up the route. I got cursed twice in the depths and it was brutal. Blighttown took me like 2-3 hours but was still a massive pain in the ass.

What struck me about it is what an insanely rich game it is. You can get lost in a million different places. You can possibly never really understand weapon upgrades without looking it up. It's like the only good open world game even though it's not even an open world game at all.

I mean DS3 has better gameplay, better bosses and is by far the superior game if I want to blast through an awesome challenging bossfest over a weekend but as an experience it's definitely not on the level of DS1.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh no I agree with you. Was talking about the fact that the game feels like it ends 5 hours before it actually should've like you mentioned.

Yeah looks great. Might have to upgrade my crappy pc though.

I want to hear thoughts on the combat /story changes to ff7 from the originals fans (dcye?) . I don't particularly love the original that much so I thought the story stuff was so stupid it kinda worked for me. Less keen on the combat though.
Ah ok, gotcha. But yeah absolutely. End just kind of suddenly gets sprung upon you. Feels like it is missing an act.

Had a look at the DLC, but didn't really grab me.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Persona 3 is worth the grind IMO, but if you wanna make it a fair bit easier, using a 100% walkthrough really helps you smash the dungeon sections out quickly.

It also has best girl Mitsuru :wub:

OverratedSanity

OS,

Remember having an argument with you over DS v. DS3. I played through DS again after like 5 years recently and you were right to the extent that DS is a far better game but wrong about the difficulty part, DS is far harder simply because of how suffocating existing is in the game if you're trying to play it legitimately as opposed to looking up the route. I got cursed twice in the depths and it was brutal. Blighttown took me like 2-3 hours but was still a massive pain in the ass.

What struck me about it is what an insanely rich game it is. You can get lost in a million different places. You can possibly never really understand weapon upgrades without looking it up. It's like the only good open world game even though it's not even an open world game at all.

I mean DS3 has better gameplay, better bosses and is by far the superior game if I want to blast through an awesome challenging bossfest over a weekend but as an experience it's definitely not on the level of DS1.
Good post. You're probably right about the difficulty. I think the first time I played it I didn't even find the bonfire at the bottom of blighttown until after I finally beat quelaag. I think the oppressive atmosphere, the amazing interconnected world along with the bonfire fast travel restriction made the game more annoying but was also partly what made the game special to me. It leads to some crazy situations where you find yourself in a really ****** area with a crappy weapon miles away from firelink and have to desperately fight your way back there (like me being stuck in the catacombs with a dinky piece of **** sword). I get why they added instant warp between the bonfires in DS3 and bloodborne but goddamn if there wasn't something small but great sacrificed there.

In general I think most people don't like being lost and having no idea where they are while playing a game, but I love that ****. Mapping out the levels in your head is part of the fun for me. It's why I find hollow knight so great too..it forces you to go and find a dumb map salesman in each area before it reveals the layout to you.. makes me wonder how many games of this kind I'd like more if they simply refused to give you a minimap.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Good post. You're probably right about the difficulty. I think the first time I played it I didn't even find the bonfire at the bottom of blighttown until after I finally beat quelaag. I think the oppressive atmosphere, the amazing interconnected world along with the bonfire fast travel restriction made the game more annoying but was also partly what made the game special to me. It leads to some crazy situations where you find yourself in a really ****** area with a crappy weapon miles away from firelink and have to desperately fight your way back there (like me being stuck in the catacombs with a dinky piece of **** sword). I get why they added instant warp between the bonfires in DS3 and bloodborne but goddamn if there wasn't something small but great sacrificed there.

In general I think most people don't like being lost and having no idea where they are while playing a game, but I love that ****. Mapping out the levels in your head is part of the fun for me. It's why I find hollow knight so great too..it forces you to go and find a dumb map salesman in each area before it reveals the layout to you.. makes me wonder how many games of this kind I'd like more if they simply refused to give you a minimap.
Yeah, I agree. The oppressive atmosphere makes the game a lot more meaningful and adds a lot of depth to the game. You end up familiarising yourself with the world in a way you otherwise wouldn't. It makes DS1 a much better game but does sorta reduce its replay value IMO compared to DS3.

Last edited: