• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gaming discussion

Uppercut

Yeah I don't think it's for me, not at the moment anyway, maybe I'll come back to it. I put on Ori and the Will of the Wisps instead and am having a much better time.

Shri

Just finished watching the 10 hour cutscenes/playthrough of the last of us 2. Don't get the hate. Loved it and kinda started sympathizing with abby while hating ellie towards the end. Epic game no matter what the internet says

Mike5181

Just finished watching the 10 hour cutscenes/playthrough of the last of us 2. Don't get the hate. Loved it and kinda started sympathizing with abby while hating ellie towards the end. Epic game no matter what the internet says
***************** Spoilers obviously *****************

For me, it was a 9/10 up until about 14 hours in or thereabouts. I liked the the other side of the coin idea with Abby, but I never particularly liked them using it as a vehicle to push some generic revenge is fruitless message. That just resulted in a really bleak tone overall, with a lot of out of character moments, and people awkwardly leaving each other alive for some reason, maps being left around conveniently, etc.

The game also had a really uncharitable ordering of events for Abby and her crew. Flashbacks were massively overused and ****ed the pacing. A major event would happen in the present, and then it'd be several hours later and we still haven't gone back to it. We'd be stuck giving backstory/humanizing Abby through her interactions with these newly introduced characters like Lev/Yara/Owen. Which I think really hurt any development to be experienced there and made the waves of enemies feel like a chore to get through in those sections. It was all right when there was some overlap with Ellie's side of things, or you are engaging with a character like Tommy. But it felt quite side-questy outside of those times.

The gameplay wasn't nearly as advanced as I thought it was going to be after 7 years either, but still very solid. From a technical standpoint it's great obviously.

I think overall I'd go with a 7/10 as a standalone, but I think it largely fails as a sequel. There's better stories to be told with Joel/Ellie, I think. Like that Dinosaur/space museum flashback was beautiful.

Shri

Yeah and the bit where they look at the long neck dinosaur from up high was a callback to the giraffe scene too. Excellent.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Real Estate is easy tho.

Hostess minigame comes back for Kiwami 2, big fan. Bets minigame in the entire series.
Haha yes.

The story has taken a complete backseat as I build up club Four Shine.

Seems waaaay less grindy than 0 as well, platinum hostesses are really easy to build up and I'm getting through most leagues in 2 or 3 goes.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The remaster of 3 is supposedly quite jarring initially if you've been playing through them in chronological order. Fair to say?

Also, when would you go back to 0? That was where I started but I think it will definitely be worth going back to as I reckon there's definitely stuff that will mean more once I know the background.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Playing Outer Worlds through a second time to make alternate choices. Prboably first time I've played the same game 'back to back' if you will.

Chewie

playing minecraft for the first extended period of time. have a private server with some friends.

it's fun
Yea it's great, I spent so much time at uni playing it with mates, and then we started exploring the mods as well and there was so much there too

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The remaster of 3 is supposedly quite jarring initially if you've been playing through them in chronological order. Fair to say?

Also, when would you go back to 0? That was where I started but I think it will definitely be worth going back to as I reckon there's definitely stuff that will mean more once I know the background.
I mean it's nowhere near as fluid as the Kiwami games just because it's a remaster and not a remake, but it's perfectly fine to play and runs really well. It's been a long time since I played the 3-5 games but I don't think they have a lot of story related to 0 in them. 0 mostly gives a lot of context to Y1, and a little to Y2.

OverratedSanity

Having spent an unhealthy amount of time playing video games over the last few months, I have the following thoughts :

- Outer wilds is one of the most magical video games ever made
-Judgment is not as good as yakuza because no karaoke and no majima but it's still pretty damn good
- Deus Ex mankind divided is great and it's really stupid that this series is dead.
- Dead Cells and Hollow Knight are two of the best playing games ever made. Movement and combat are basically as precise as is humanly possible to implement.
- Persona 4 is better than persona 5 but it's soundtrack has aged kinda badly. Chie best girl.
- ff7 remake is actually kinda rubbish

Thank you for reading my bland opinions.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Deus Ex mankind divided is great and it's really stupid that this series is dead.
Yeah. It is so, so good. So absorbing. Just a shame the Prague section in the first act and a half of the game is not longer imo. In fact shame the entire game is not longer really.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Having spent an unhealthy amount of time playing video games over the last few months, I have the following thoughts :

- Outer wilds is one of the most magical video games ever made
-Judgment is not as good as yakuza because no karaoke and no majima but it's still pretty damn good
- Deus Ex mankind divided is great and it's really stupid that this series is dead.
- Dead Cells and Hollow Knight are two of the best playing games ever made. Movement and combat are basically as precise as is humanly possible to implement.
- Persona 4 is better than persona 5 but it's soundtrack has aged kinda badly. Chie best girl.
- ff7 remake is actually kinda rubbish

Thank you for reading my bland opinions.
My girlfriend picked up Hollow Knight as her first ever proper game a couple of months ago and spent about a month beating it and exploring every nook and cranny - seemed like an awesome game from watching her play on zoom. She is now absolutely smashing through Cuphead. Legit psychopath.