• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gaming discussion

OverratedSanity

Yeah. It is so, so good. So absorbing. Just a shame the Prague section in the first act and a half of the game is not longer imo. In fact shame the entire game is not longer really.
The game feels flat out unfinished which is its biggest flaw. But what's there is ridiculously good.

OverratedSanity

My girlfriend picked up Hollow Knight as her first ever proper game a couple of months ago and spent about a month beating it and exploring every nook and cranny - seemed like an awesome game from watching her play on zoom. She is now absolutely smashing through Cuphead. Legit psychopath.
That's actually kind of nuts if it's her actual first game because it's one of the most difficult games I've played in a while.

But yeah, that exploration is the best part of hollow knight. The games world just keeps expanding and revealing new weird areas constantly, long after you think you've seen everything. Almost on par with dark souls 1 in that way.

Teja.

Global Moderator
That's actually kind of nuts if it's her actual first game because it's one of the most difficult games I've played in a while.

But yeah, that exploration is the best part of hollow knight. The games world just keeps expanding and revealing new weird areas constantly, long after you think you've seen everything. Almost on par with dark souls 1 in that way.
Yeah she struggled a lot with the early bosses of HK but still enjoyed it because the game was so precise in its damage feedback so she never felt it was unfair. She picked it up really quickly though. Some of the bosses she's beating on cuphead right now look ridiculously hard.

Will see if I can use this sudden interest to get her into DS1 but I don't know if there's a compatible version for her macbook haha.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Picked up 19 and am at the nets while the rest of the game is installing. Batting feels intuitive and fun. Haven't got the hang of bowling so far.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bowling mechanics is pretty good. You can legit set batsmen up bowling with a plan, which is pretty neat. Variations of line, length and speed have an actual effect,

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Have you played Ashes Cricket? If so, is it similar in the strategy dept? I've been thinking about getting it on Switch, wasn't sure if all the bugs were worked out.

I love batting in Pro mode btw (first person view through the helmet), I couldn't play spinners for **** until I started playing that way.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haven't played Ashes cricket but Cricket 19 seems to be the most cricket like game I've ever played. As mentioned a few pages back I haven't enjoyed a cricket game as much since Shane Warne Cricket 99

Chewie

It's a bit hard to play earlier Persona games when you have played the later ones I find because of the QoL changes

Uppercut

Having spent an unhealthy amount of time playing video games over the last few months, I have the following thoughts :

- Outer wilds is one of the most magical video games ever made
-Judgment is not as good as yakuza because no karaoke and no majima but it's still pretty damn good
- Deus Ex mankind divided is great and it's really stupid that this series is dead.
- Dead Cells and Hollow Knight are two of the best playing games ever made. Movement and combat are basically as precise as is humanly possible to implement.
- Persona 4 is better than persona 5 but it's soundtrack has aged kinda badly. Chie best girl.
- ff7 remake is actually kinda rubbish

Thank you for reading my bland opinions.
You played the new Ori? I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Even better than the original.