• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In Combination with Blackberry, Burgey presents "The Hangover Corner"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm generally ok if I get some lard in to soak up the booze. I walk past a chinese on the way home, so normally grab something from there.

If I do get an HO I've found the best thing for it is "Resolve"; which I think is basically paracetemol, glucose & salt. Normally straightens me out in half-an-hour. Lucozade's good too or anything with lots of sugar.

cpr

I pride myself in my lack of hangovers. Tis great.

Think its down to a few factors.

* I usually drink Vodka and Coke. Although usually blindlingly strong the coke does help. Especially if your drinking it in pints (handy drinking tip people. Go to the bar, ask for 2 double V&C's, and an empty pint glass. You've now got a quadruple and saves on bar trips!)

* Will ALWAYS eat. Either a take away (greasy burger and chips is a godsend), or cook when i get in (when its beans on toast, or on potato cake if we've got some!).

* Cuppa tea is a must. Its natural when you've been walking home in the freezing after losing your coat on a night out AGAIN! Even though i dont normally have sugar, i'll put one in.

* At least 1 pint of water beside me bed, which'll get downed at about 5am when i wake up with a dry mouth (Probably will force a pint of water down before i go to bed n all)

* Bacon butties for breakfast. Its a must. Any semblence of a slight headache goes when they get in

Of course if you cant do all of this, then just carry on drinking untill you can. A can of Stella is an amazing wake up call i've found (usually when at festivals. I'm not an alcoholic, honest)

Agent TBY

I drink, but I've never gotten high, nor have I had a hangover.

Makes me wonder why I drink sometimes.

cpr

jot1 said:
No one here ever heard of anti-hangover pills? They really work.:rolleyes:
I prefer the 'lets not get a hangover in the first place' method :)

Besides, i'm one of those freaks who can swallow tablets. No matter how hard i try. Wine gums are a different matter, always end up choking on them .... Doesnt stop me eating them (well, mebbie for 10 seconds till my lips turn red again)

Next time i'm ill i'm gonna try putting the tablet inside a wine gum.

steds

This thread is a week too late to capture my only hangover, but it may happen again sometime, you never know...

Slats4ever

we had our cricket final yesterday and we won....

I forget the rest other than I woke up this morning naked in the back of my car.

Son Of Coco

Linda said:
Lots of water and toast with vegemite works wonders pre-sleep.
I saw your post quoted next to NZ Tailender's avatar and for some reason I thought you'd typed 'pre-sheep' for a second! :laugh: Dyslexia can be fun.

andyc

Son Of Coco said:
I saw your post quoted next to NZ Tailender's avatar and for some reason I thought you'd typed 'pre-sheep' for a second!
Looks like you'll be checking in here tomorrow.

benchmark00

Well, I can safely say that was the most I've drank in my life...

Cricket grand final finished up yesterday, started drinking at about 6pm.... 9am the next morning, kilograms lighter and shirtless, I said no more...

Craig

World Traveller
Anyway I have never been hungover in my life, I just drink lots of water before I go to bed and maybe something to eat at home if I feel like it.

That said last Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (as in from 12am to 5am) was huge.

Buddhmaster

Shounak said:
I've got the perfect hangover cure.. Well prevention..

When you've finished your big night, drink heaps and heaps of water before you go to sleep or knock off.. Force yourself through 2 litres of water.. It's hard, but it works wonders..

It won't work if you're passed out drunk.. In which case, your hangover will last a whole weekend..
I've been doing this for a while, but when you get too drunk, like you said, the hangovers gonna kill you.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You do the time, you do the crime.

Shouldn't be getting home in a state where you can be bothered staying up to drink water. Or your physically incapable. If you are inbetween that point, and vomitting, it means you've had a good night.

Shounak

Banned
Disagree.. After a number of bad hangovers, the only thing that stops me from being bothered drinking heaps of water is being phyically incapable..

For you young fellas, yet to embark on Schoolies.. The secret is water..

We got poo faced every night and dranks bucket loads of water when we got back.. Well most of us.. The next morning, a very strong plunger coffee with a very liberal amount of Kahlua in it...

Accompanied by a nice fry up, bbq or Maccas breakfast (if we got up in time)..

We were as good as gold.. It was as if we'd never drank alcohol at all.. Which is pretty damn good considering the ridiculous amounts consumed..