• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In Combination with Blackberry, Burgey presents "The Hangover Corner"

Barney Rubble

NZTailender said:
Can this be a CW society now? :D
If so, count me in. :D :laugh:

What would it be, though? Could hardly be the Hangover Appreciation Society, it's not like any of us enjoy getting them. :p

_Ed_

I'll book myself in for Saturday.

Will probably be a cracker, will want a good night after having started and finished an essay during the day...

_Ed_

Scratch that, friends have cancelled on me. Another quiet night alone at home then.

I need some new friends.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Haven't had a good drink up session with the boyz in a while, as everyone is buzy with god knows what they are doing.. so it would be a Wecloming easter for me and the boyz..

Smudge

_Ed_ said:
Scratch that, friends have cancelled on me. Another quiet night alone at home then.

I need some new friends.
You sure do.

Anyhoo, I'm "covering" the local cricket awards on Saturday night - but most of the notes will be written on my soaked beer mat, I'd imagine.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
You don't need to make a reservation. You're the CEO of CW's Hangover Corner - and as such, you have responsbilities to uphold. Get drinking! :p :D
The only distinguishing factor between different occupants of the Hangover Corner is the level of hangover, not their social status or who was here first.

However, I'd be happy to stay in the Presidents' Suite this weekend.

Smudge

Just eating before heading to the cricket booze-up. Lock me in at 15 pints thanks, Eddie.

cpr

hmm, had a slight headache this morning. All my mates fault. 2 double vodka and cokes, 1 double jack daniels and coke. All in one pint glass, and made me drink it. Took me about 10 minutes to down it like, tis a bit strong!

Thing is he'd been goin to the bar all night, getting stupid JD/Vodka concoctions, adn a bottle of beer at the same time, then drinking both before we could finish one normal vodka/coke!

Cant wait to see what state he's in in work in an hour. He'll probably be as right as rain knowing him.

Langeveldt

Soutie
It's nearly impossible not to drink in SA where they make Klipdrift, but I haven't been drunk for a year now.. Noticed that I'm more boring now, and get more migraines than I used to, maybe nows a good time to start back up :laugh:

Smudge

I'd rank my hangover a 6/10. Came home about 1.30am, as I had to work today. I went to a club prizegiving afterwards, had a bit of a sing, and saw some other horrible sights including a lighter and body hair.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
I'd rank my hangover a 6/10. Came home about 1.30am, as I had to work today. I went to a club prizegiving afterwards, had a bit of a sing, and saw some other horrible sights including a lighter and body hair.
Sing or singe?

As in 'Loud noise, smell of hydrogen sulphide, jet of flame, no more body hair'?

All the best parties have a 'light the fart competition'. Good stuff.

thierry henry

Advice along the lines of "do this/eat this/drink this before you go to bed" is really quite irrelevant. Proper hangovers are the result of collapsing whilst still drinking. If you have a real hangover it's because you would have been in no state to take action on any suggestions of that kind.

Shounak

Banned
Felt a bit this weekend.. Nothing a litre of OJ didn't fix..

I'm not planning on any of those "pass-out" drunk hangovers.. Those ones are nuts.. They make you contemplate suicide..

I have a feeling I'd prefer child birth to one of those ones..