• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Burgey

I think this was a combination student vote and teacher endorsement thing. But I've no doubt if you piss off the wrong staff member you won't get it.

Anyway, thanks all for the good wishes zorax.

Dan

Global Moderator
Haha fair dinkum in that case. I think the highest I have ever given a law paper is about 78, or something in that region at least.

But yeah, from what I remember economics at degree level is basically just maths. It's a shame, because I find economics (and the economic analysis of law in particular) really interesting, but my mathematical capabilities are appalling.
**** me you must really be a tough marker.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha not really. It might sound like it, but to get a first class (i.e. an A grade) you need to get 70.

80 and upwards is basically getting into the "I couldn't have written a better answer myself" territory.

Uppercut

Haha fair dinkum in that case. I think the highest I have ever given a law paper is about 78, or something in that region at least.

But yeah, from what I remember economics at degree level is basically just maths. It's a shame, because I find economics (and the economic analysis of law in particular) really interesting, but my mathematical capabilities are appalling.
Also, more complex economic models make more assumptions, which inherently makes them worse. So while you're starting to struggle with the field, you also grow more disillusioned with it.

Though IMO if you push through to the empirical stuff and economic history it gets good again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I suspect that would be the case for me as well tbh. The problem is I rarely get enough free time to make a prolonged or concerted effort to delve into anything new these days.

andmark

Come to think of it, I think there's a correlation between quality of maths skills and posts in Cricket Chat. I could never keep up with the statistical analysis in there that I don't even try.

Dan

Global Moderator
Haha not really. It might sound like it, but to get a first class (i.e. an A grade) you need to get 70.

80 and upwards is basically getting into the "I couldn't have written a better answer myself" territory.
Ah, right -- here I think it's 85 for the 'A' grade, and 95 is perfectly achievable.

I once got a 95 for a paper in which I quoted Jacob Rees-Mogg reciting poetry from Hansard. The paper was about food security in India.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ah, right -- here I think it's 85 for the 'A' grade, and 95 is perfectly achievable.

I once got a 95 for a paper in which I quoted Jacob Rees-Mogg reciting poetry from Hansard. The paper was about food security in India.
What subject was this? This seems extraordinary to me