• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Natural Disasters

Spikey

South Florida is probably ****ed

HurricaneTracker App‏ @hurrtrackerapp
Incredible! #Irma has now been a Category 5 hurricane for 69 hours straight (as of 5PM). This breaks the Atlantic record of 42 hours.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nothing to do with climate change though, so I'm led to believe
The NOAA consensus advice on climate change re: current day hurricanes is v cautious tbf. Long-term it expects an increase in average intensity, but there's no consensus at all on frequency.

Daemon

Is it a bit PC gone mad to suggest 'Incredible!' Isn't the most appropriate thing to tweet when describing something like this

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is it a bit PC gone mad to suggest 'Incredible!' Isn't the most appropriate thing to tweet when describing something like this
Awesome would have been more appropriate.

And if you think that is inappropriate, then it's because you're using awesome incorrectly.

grecian

Rush Limbaugh said this hitting Florida was a "liberal hoax", so I'm hoping that all his listeners have decided to take a day-trip to the most exposed parts of the Coast.

Anil

Rush Limbaugh said this hitting Florida was a "liberal hoax", so I'm hoping that all his listeners have decided to take a day-trip to the most exposed parts of the Coast.
damn you beat me to it...the hypocritical scumbag himself is evacuating, more is the pity...

Anil

Says the guy who reads huffpo.
Are you saying the news isn't true? If not you really don't have a point...but don't let that stop you...👍

And as much of a leftist rag as it is, it is still more credible than anything the rush conspiracy network pukes out...not that that's saying much...

Last edited:

honestbharani

Having been through the worst cyclone to hit us in decades, I can only wish as many people as possible have evacuated. :(

Spikey

The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP 16s16 seconds ago
BREAKING: Irma strengthens back into a Category 5 hurricane; warning zone expanded for Florida