• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pets

vogue

That looks like a great place to walk dogs. Like, I wonder how old the walls are and just the amount of open space.
It’s beautiful and it is a great place to walk dogs. Certainly in the middle of the country, but it’s the west side of England so I’m getting to know it better. Lake District is just under an hour away but Manchester and Liverpool within a good driving distance too.
And the dry stone walls... yeah they are beautiful and the stuff that grows on them so colourful in winter and summer.. beautiful and full of amazing patterns.. :)

Burgey

Ace just got into a stoush at Birchgrove with a Wolfhound. ****ing thing had him pinned by the throat to the ground and he was still having a crack back at it. Just had him to the vets, he’ll be ok but has a few holes in him.

Burgey

Yeah he’s all right. Will be a bit stiff and sore tomorrow and he has some bark off plus a bit of bleeding in his eye but his vision is fine and he’s not bad at all tbh.

He’s bloody fearless, Ace. He’s the friendliest dog you’ll ever find, but if he arcs up then he never backs down. Have seen him literally chase Staffies out of the park. Problem is he weighs 7.3kgs and the wolfhound was about 45. He’s currently getting spoilt rotten wth some grain fed roast chicken from up the street. **** has ruined my Valentines plans.

Interestingly the dog walker said the two wolfhounds are serial attackers, and if any of the walkers see them out they immediately take all the other dogs away from. Might explain why the blokes who owned them were so casual about it.

Johnners

Tui the cat. She's a very social animal who loves people, clawing, biting, and sleeping in awkward positions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is Alfredo, my mog.

I always thought of myself as more of a dog person, but he's an adorable little bugger.

Not a fan of other cats but happily not much of a hunter. Has only ever brought back two mice, both alive. One I managed to catch and one scuttled under the bed, never to be seen again.

Alfredo.jpg

andmark

That's a reason I wouldn't get a cat. The thought of seeing a dead rat around the house horrifies me.

Here's my German Shepherd, Milly amused with herself for getting on the furniture.

Milly.jpg

Victor Ian

A dead rat is better than a live one. My experience is house cats don't really kill mice, unless by accident. Mine have always only played with them. Played hard, but fair. Maybe depends on how well fed they are.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A dead rat is better than a live one. My experience is house cats don't really kill mice, unless by accident. Mine have always only played with them. Played hard, but fair. Maybe depends on how well fed they are.
Pretty well fed in Alfredo's case. 6.9kgs when he was last weighed at the vet's. Was actually told off.

He's been on a diet since (Was only Monday we went for a check). He's clearly not happy about it, so be interesting to see if more alive rodents make there way into my house via his chops.

Johnners

Good to hear they know where "the line" is and not to cross it, must be Australian cats.

chasingthedon

Pretty well fed in Alfredo's case. 6.9kgs when he was last weighed at the vet's. Was actually told off.

He's been on a diet since (Was only Monday we went for a check). He's clearly not happy about it, so be interesting to see if more alive rodents make there way into my house via his chops.
Doesn't look particularly overweight in the pic. How did you pick the name Alfredo?