• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Places you didn't like for no reason

Kirkut

What cities/towns or any other place that comes to your mind which you do not like for no reason you can think of. Just that the vibes of that place doesn't suit you.

For me it's Hyderabad. I really cannot think of a reason why I dislike that city although everything looked okay to me.

duffer

For me it's Hyderabad. I really cannot think of a reason why I dislike that city although everything looked okay to me.
Dude, it's a badass town to live in. All the benefits of a big city with by far the least of the downsides as far as I've seen in India.

Kirkut

Dude, it's a badass town to live in. All the benefits of a big city with by far the least of the downsides as far as I've seen in India.
That's correct, but that is exactly causing the confusion as to why I don't like being there. It's just beyond words.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Sydney.

Melbourne and Hobart much more my style. Though that said I did love living in Brisbane as well, which isn't exactly in the same vein as Melbs and Hobart. Sydney is awful though.

cpr

I've only ever done London with work so I've yet to understand whats so likeable about it. Apart from getting into a couple of museums, I can't see any other appeal about it.

Everywhere I've been abroad I've found alright, even if one or two don't have enough to make me want to return there. I did drive through Ayia Napa for a laugh mind, just to see what It looked like. It felt... eww.

Line and Length

Luton

I was brought up near Dunstable - a smallish town near Luton. I never wanted to go to Luton and I believe it has changed since our family left over 60 years ago.

_Ed_

I was only there for a few days, but I really didn't warm to Paris. It was drizzling the whole time, which meant the views from the Eiffel Tower and Sacre-Coeur were a bit of a bust, and there was an uncomfortable mix of heat and humidity. There was also a strong smell of piss beside the Seine, and I seemed to offend the locals equally whether I tried to speak French or asked if they could speak English.

zorax

likes this
I was only there for a few days, but I really didn't warm to Paris. It was drizzling the whole time, which meant the views from the Eiffel Tower and Sacre-Coeur were a bit of a bust, and there was an uncomfortable mix of heat and humidity. There was also a strong smell of piss beside the Seine, and I seemed to offend the locals equally whether I tried to speak French or asked if they could speak English.
one of my lasting memories of a family trip to Paris as a kid is having diarrhea in the Eiffel Tower bathroom.

Shri

Byron bay was awesome. Got drunk at a pub on new year's night with strangers at Brisbane who I kept in touch with for a few months. But gc can go **** itself.

Gnske

Byron bay was awesome. Got drunk at a pub on new year's night with strangers at Brisbane who I kept in touch with for a few months. But gc can go **** itself.
It was the Great Northern wasn't it you filthy animal.

Byron is the most fake town on the coast though. Should have monged out at Grafton.

Shri

It was the Great Northern wasn't it you filthy animal.

Byron is the most fake town on the coast though. Should have monged out at Grafton.
It was Carlton draught ****. I was at a pub not a sporting event.

I went whale watching but most of the whales were on crack and awful bikinis a size too small with wrinkled fat skin spilling out all over the place. But the water was nice and a bogan sold me surprisingly decent weed.

Gnske

It was Carlton draught ****. I was at a pub not a sporting event.

I went whale watching but most of the whales were on crack and awful bikinis a size too small with wrinkled fat skin spilling out all over the place. But the water was nice and a bogan sold me surprisingly decent weed.
Great Northern is the name of the monghouse you hard charging melt.

Odd for Byron, it's not a place that endorses bikinis or bras for that matter.